stm32f4 web ide not working

Posted on
  • I got a new stm32f4discovery board. I followed the quick start and other boards directions and successfully installed espruino on it through st-link utility. When I press the reset button the led right next to it flashes quickly which I read means espruino is properly programmed and running.

Now when I go to the espruino web IDE I can connect to the COM port and then when I try to type in the terminal nothing happens. If I press a key nothing shows up in the line or anything.

Any ideas on whats going wrong?

-Mike

• Have you connected to both USB connectors? To get at Espruino's USB you've got to use the USB connector near the headphone jack, but you also need the other connector to provide power.

It's worth checking in control panel -> devices to see if the driver is properly installed and to check if the COM port is correct too (it could be the port is for something else).

• Yes, I am using both USB ports.

The weird thing in the devices is that its listed as "STM32 Virtual ComPort in FS Mode".

Any idea about this?

• OK, upon troubleshooting it is saying that the driver is not installed. Do you know where I can find the driver?

• Yes, it's listed in the Quick Start page - it says for Windows 8, but actually you probably need it for W7 as well.

• Problem was here in the quickstart tutorial.

Windows 8.1 and XP Users: Windows XP and 8.1 do not appear to have generic drivers for USB CDC devices, so you'll have to get them from ST via st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257938. You'll have to unzip the file, run the executable, and then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Software\Virtua­l comport driver in Windows Explorer and double-click either dpinst_amd64.exe for 64 bit systems, or dpinst_x86.exe for 32 bit.

Just needed to do the last step and double click dpinst_amd64.exe for 64 bit systems

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

stm32f4 web ide not working

Posted by Avatar for mjdietz @mjdietz

Actions