You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Ahh, I saw the sidlee one before. It'd be cool if you could prod Blynk about Espruino though - I reckon it should be pretty easy to knock some demos together for it.

Personally I think a lot of the point of having a nice responsive UI is that you can actually get away with a laggy communication method under the hood while still being responsive. If you're on the other side of the world on a GPRS link WebSockets still aren't going to give you a fast update, so you have to cope for worst case anyway.

Who cares if your home thermostat takes 1 second to update temperature if when you turn the dial on your phone it looks instant. Sure there are times when you need the instant feedback, but IMO they'll be relatively rare and there's no need to over-engineer when you don't need it.

I just implemented a copy of the thermostat from the original post in SVG/JS/HTML - so no frameworks and only a few lines of code: https://jsfiddle.net/409Ldtrk/1/

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started