You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • The data sheet of the stepper motor tells you about the angle per step. If you thought have a geared one, you have to take this in account as well. I figured it out by taping a toth pick at its end to the drive shaft and something similar on something on the desk. I did then run at slow interval and counted. You can also make a console output with the steps run. You repeat with the countex steps to verify. If your motor is not moving, you may step too fast and/or your motor may have some mechanical issues as two out of my five (cheap) ones had. Check m posts in this thread.

Btw , for stop just create a step with all zeroes 0b000 and out this the same way as you do a step. You do not need to talk to each pin separately. For reference take a look at the code I attached in the post where I discuss my solution.

There is really good youtube

out there that explains just everything in very detail. Most important are the 3 modes to operate this motor (shown in the attached picture). I used the half step mode to get decent torque and maximum precision / smoothness. With full stepping, maximum torque is achieved with decent precision, and with that most unlikely to 'loose' or 'slip' a step.

1 Attachment

• stepperModes.png
About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started