You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • The 3 wire one is for balance charging.

You can definitely discharge, and you should be able to charge it using the 2-wire connector (it will charge/discharge them in series), unless the manufacturer specifically went out of their way to prevent it from being charged like that. Try it and see... carefully, of course - if you have a current limiting power supply, I'd try putting the current limit way down, hooking it up to the battery, and ramping voltage up, and see if it starts charging.

You should charge it using a balancing charger at least once to make sure both batteries are in the same state of charge when you start dis/charging it through the 2-wire connector.

The JST plug of course doesn't match the Espruino one - "You are looking at a maze of funny little connectors, all different". JST is a company. Unfortunately, the name of the company, the letters in the part number, the numbers in the part number, and the number of conductors, all seem to get mixed up at random when people sell funny little connectors like this. I think the first try success rate on buying a connector that matches the Espruino is less than 50%. It's a JST PH series connector with 2 conductors. I think I got matching connectors on my third or fourth buy.

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started