You are reading a single comment by @russdx and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • If I use the the custom espruino graphics canvas how will it work when running in a browser?

Also if I draw directly to the dmd controller board canvas how will this work inside the browser? I had a look at what that board supports and i dont think it supports enough to do what I need. (would need a new font for a start!)(and can you draw fonts half off the canvas?)

Using my own (very simple) byte array canvas (it only supports drawText and copyCanvas) and will work in the browser and on a micro controller (I am thinking of using the stmf4? which definitely has enough ram for all my little byte array canvas's)

Another reason is if i do decide to just straight port this and run in c on a micro controller I can pretty much copy and paste all my logic and canvas code I am not relying on a certain os canvas library.

I spoke to embedded adventures and they say I can either bump up the uart or use the i2c (need to write bit of code my self) to send the frame data to the dmd controller board. Which is my preferred method.

Its cool to see the espruino making and parsing the networkrail request though using that wireless board. One step closer :D

About

Avatar for russdx @russdx started