• I love the option to precompile functions.
    Therefore I copied the js_compiler branch of tools to my computer.
    After doing some minor changes, like adding script tag, changing env.getBoardData, I got the compiler running.
    Since I don't have tools(and knowledge) to compile firmware, testing was like swimming without water.
    Anyway, I would like to add some comments.

1. I would like to get an additional window , to switch between JS, Blockly and Assembler source. Compiler could send compiled source to Assembler window.
    2. If you have 2 functions in source, both are compiled but for 2nd JS-source is still sent to Espruino board
    3. Get exports directly from process.env could become a problem, the more entrypoints you have. Would it be possible, to read them similiar to Board Info from your server ?
    4. Enable handling of comments in assembler source, and add more comments to compiler. This would be a big help for understanding, and may be optimizing.
    5. Add a command to install binaries from SD-card.
    6. Extend projects to handle assembler modules. I could do this, as long as I get some guidelines. Simple first step could be to add read and write function for asselmbler in projects plugin.
    7. I'm pretty sure, it will take a lot of time to get a full blown up compiler. As long as we don't have this, it would help to get guidelines for implementing capable functions.

Christmas is gone, but sometimes wishes come true later too.....

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started