• This looks great - I'm glad you got the setWatch-based touch detection working so well... It'd be really neat on battery powered devices. Now we just need a touchscreen LCD that doesn't draw loads of power! Actually I wonder how well those 320x240 LCDs cope without a backlight - I've never tried them.

By the way, on the other touchscreen modules I've done before like this I've tended to just have a single callback, and to call it with no arguments when a finger is lifted off. It's probably not better, but it might be best to keep the APIs the same.

• Actually I wonder how well those 320x240 LCDs cope without a backlight

Pretty poorly, like any other unbacklit color LCD - it'll look like a laptop screen with a burned out backlight (if you owned a pre-recession Acer laptop, you're lucky if you haven't seen this). If it's assembled, you can barely make out large shapes if you hold it up to light at the right angle. If you can pull the backing layers off without ruining it, you could probably read it with difficulty if you hold it up to the light.

If screen power usage is a big issue (can't you just turn off the backlight except when it's in use?), you could put a touch overlay on top of a B&W LCD or even one of those exorbitantly expensive e-Paper modules.

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started