You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Nothing other than incremental progress to report, though making the prototype board was interesting (still driving it off some knockoff arduino, instead of a tiny - I still need the serial debugging; I'm constantly missing the interactive development that we have on the Espruino - but that's what I get for wanting a $6 BOM including the MCU).
    That board is the closest I've done to a 2-layer board at home - the big part with the heatsinks is at +5v (also serves as heatsink), the other part is ground. They were not done via toner transfer, but by masking it off with tape by hand. One thing that's really surprising to me is just how flexible that 0.012" board is - I can just see the board flexing and all the parts flying off.

I've been trying to flesh out the code for the slaves so they can react to temperature and light levels (I want them to watch the light opposite where their emitter is pointed, so when the rest of the room lights are off, these will turn off - but I want to do it in an extensible way, and also to streamline the process of making different kinds of slaves.

Once that's sorted, I'll begin work on the much more interesting issue of receiving on the Espruino, and maybe even requesting and sending back data (for example, to make a remote sensor that will send back temperature or whatever data).

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started