WEB IDE default start-up screen file.

Posted on
  • On clicking the WEB IDE there is always code in the default text window.
    How do I change this default file on start-up?
    How do I change this file to automatically be the last file saved/uploaded?

• I don't understand how it picks what to show in the right hand side of the IDE. (We need abbreviations for this! How about RHS and LHS?)

(joke)
    I think it uses an advanced artificial intelligence algorithm, combined with the google chrome app API call getUserIntent() to figure out what you're doing, and then it selects the most useful recent code and puts it in the RHS - except the test is backwards, so it gets the least useful code instead.
    (/joke)

I'm sure it'll make perfect sense when Gordon or someone who knows tells us - but it's certainly not intuitive, and it never seems to remember anything useful.

Do you write code in the IDE? I write almost everything in Sublime Text and copy/paste it over, correct syntax errors that the jslint picks up, and then copy/paste it back to sublime once it works.

• Do you write code in the IDE?

Yes, being a hardcore Arduino user, I use the IDE for 100% of my work.

• I'm pretty sure it remembers the last thing you uploaded to the board - At least it does for me?

Of course of you use two computers then because it syncs, chances are whenever you use the IDE it has the wrong thing in...

• Of course of you use two computers then because it syncs, chances are whenever you use the IDE it has the wrong thing in...

blink Hm... this might explain it... I think some of the computers may have chrome sync enabled... and then they'd never have what I expect on them.

• I'm pretty sure it remembers the last thing you uploaded to the board

• At least it does for me?

Not for the window's 8.1 users like me.
    (not using Chromes cloud storage)

• @user7114 - Does it always just display the blinking light code in that case?

• Actually I just checked the API docs, and:

When Chrome is offline, Chrome stores the data locally. The next time the browser is online, Chrome syncs the data. Even if a user disables syncing, storage.sync will still work. In this case, it will behave identically to storage.local.

So it should still work, even if you're not logged in.

• Does it always just display the blinking light code in that case?

No, it always brings up an old test file used in early development.

Like DrAzzy said "I'm sure it'll make perfect sense when Gordon or someone who knows tells us - but it's certainly not intuitive, and it never seems to remember anything useful."

• I think it'd be a lot better if it remembered what was in it when you shut the Web App, but I haven't had any luck getting that working... It should be really simple, but it just doesn't seem to work :(

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

WEB IDE default start-up screen file.

Posted by Avatar for user7114 @user7114

Actions