You are reading a single comment by @mattbrailsford and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hey @Gordon,

I've just done a quick screenr to show the functionality I have so far which you can watch here.

Some interesting points. The port picker popup checks for connected ports every 3 seconds, so as you can see, it detects when I connect my Espruino to it. The Terminal has "tab completion" of known commands (you can see that in the video, i type dig > TAB > W > TAB). The connect button changes colour to show connection state. Click the button when connected, disconnects. I put the terminal on the right / bottom, as this is how most IDE's work with the "console" window being secondary (think chrome dev tools). I guess this could be an option though :) (I do want to develop modes where you can turn one off to give focus to the task at hand)

I haven't got round to designing the options window just yet, but I see it opening in a similar popup to the port picker (but bigger).

I guess there is no reason why this couldn't be used for both. And I'd be more than happy for the design to be used for the web IDE aswell.

I've put everything I've done in a github repo here https://github.com/mattbrailsford/Esprui­noIDE if you want to give it a try. Just download and launch the run.bat file (this will only work on windows currently).

The concept for the design kinda came from Google Coder. I just wanted to make it clean, simple and fresh for people starting out, whilst still being functional for more advanced users (but lets face it, uber advanced devs are probably going to use their own tools).

Cheers

Matt

About