Mirko

Member since Sep 2015 • Last active Oct 2015
  • 1 conversations
  • 2 comments

Most recent activity

• in Electronics

I'm going to use it for the Ouya, which runs Android, and had no problems with a standard USB mouse or keyboard, so I hope it won't be a problem :).
    The matrix-wiring is exactly what I was looking for! That way, I can actually give each player a few more buttons.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

• in Electronics

Hey there!
    I ordered the Espruino Pico via Kickstarter a while ago, without much thinking of what I could do with it. I make video games as a hobby, and now I want to use my pico to make a custom controller. Since this is my very first hardware project (except for some soldering back in school...), I have a few questions:

The Pico has 22 GPIO pins (9 Analogs inputs, 21 PWM, 2 Serial, 3 SPI, 3 I2C), does that mean I can use a total of 22 Buttons? Or are some of those not suitable for generic Buttons?
    What if I wanted to add more Buttons? I thought about supporting up to four players, with one D-Pad (4 pins) and 4 Buttons per player, but then I would need at least 32 pins.

I plan to use some of these buttons and these Joysticks, which apparently behave just like a 4-button-entity.

Thanks in advance :)

Actions