fms1961

Member since Aug 2015 • Last active Jan 2018
  • 0 conversations
  • 4 comments

Experienced software developer with a faible for IoT like Espruino, ESP8266 etc. Not to mention the obvious ... (meaning Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Cubieboard and so on)

Most recent activity

• in General

Well, the ILITEK ILI9341 specifications tells us another story - so you think that there are displays in the wild which do not support all the abilities the driver chip provides? This is bad new ... But I do not understand why there are modules available which provides a getPixel(x,y)function - so the function will not work at all, even in the module atatched here by @DaveNI - this is puzzling. But ok, so I will switch to "plan B" ... ;-)

BTW: did I mention that I love the Espruino? Great piece of work ... tiny, easy to handle, extremely flexible ... it's my IoT favorite ...

P.S.: After reading again also in the teensy forum, Paul Stoffregen is claiming that the readPixelfunction will work correctly ... I'll give it a try with my teensy 3.1 ...

• in General

Unfortunately not ... getPixel tries to achieve the color at the given coordinates x, y, while getBgColor()has no coordinates as parameters at all. The getPixelreturn value is always [255,255,255] not being aware of the selected color format.

I've looked through a dozen sources of different ILI9371drivers in the net - and compared to the implementation the code seems pretty correct. So it's not easy to analyze where the unuseable return values are from. I guess this might be a slightly wrong setting of the display mode, so it returns only the whitecolor.

• in General

Ok, it's an old thread, but the question is still remaining ...

@DaveNI nice work with your faster display code!

But there is one problem: when writing text, the background is always white, because of the fact that the call of "getPixel" always returns "(255,255,255)". Is there any solution in sight?

Actions