jegsav

Member since Jun 2015 • Last active Sep 2023
  • 1 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Firstly, attached file shows current Zadig status.

I have been closing and reopening the IDE each time I made a change. (I presume I don't have to restart the computer each time.)

Here is the console dump:
    ============START=====================

Espruino Web IDE

This app is designed for Espruino JavaScript Microcontrollers. Please see the website and Quick Start guide for more information, tutorials and example projects.

For information on how to use this IDE, see our guided tour.

Espruino is Open Source. Please support us by donating or buying one of our boards!

var on = false;
    setInterval(function() {
    on = !on;
    LED1.write(on);
    }, 500);
    CONNECTION FAILED.
    SETTINGS
    ABOUT
    GENERAL
    COMMUNICATIONS
    BOARD
    PROJECT
    MINIFICATION
    TESTING
    SOUND
    CONSOLE
    FLASHER
    CONSOLE

The last 100 lines of log messages made by the Web IDE. This is only useful when trying to debug potential problems with the IDE or Espruino board itself.

We have chrome.serial - not using 'serialport' module
    'noble' module couldn't be loaded, no node.js Bluetooth Low Energy Error: No compatible USB Bluetooth 4.0 device found!
    'winnus' module not found, no Windows Bluetooth Low Energy Error: The specified module could not be found. \?\C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\nw56­00_22030\node_modules\winnus\build\Relea­se\winnus.node
    serial_audio: Audio Sample rate : 192000
    serial_audio: Audio Serial Baud 9600 Bit time 20
    GET chrome.storage.sync = {"AUTO_SAVE_CODE":true,"BAUD_RATE":9600,­"BLOCKLY_EXTENSIONS":"|bluetooth|robot|"­,"BLOCKLY_LANGUAGE":"en","BLOCKLY_TO_JS"­:false,"BOARD_JSON_URL":"http://www.espruino.com/json","CODE":"va­r on = false;\nsetInterval(function() {\n on = !on;\n LED1.write(on);\n}, 500);","COMPILATION":true,"COMPILATION_U­RL":"http://www.espruino.com:32766","ENABLE_T­esting":false,"ENV_ON_CONNECT":true,"FON­T_SIZE":12,"MINIFICATION_DeadCode":true,­"MINIFICATION_LEVEL":"","MINIFICATION_Li­teral":true,"MINIFICATION_Mangle":true,"­MINIFICATION_Unreachable":true,"MINIFICA­TION_Unused":true,"MODULE_AS_FUNCTION":f­alse,"MODULE_EXTENSIONS":".min.js|.js","­MODULE_MINIFICATION_LEVEL":"ESPRIMA","MO­DULE_URL":"http://www.espruino.com/modul­es","NPM_MODULES":false,"RESET_BEFORE_SE­ND":true,"SAVE_ON_SEND":0,"SERIAL_AUDIO"­:"0","SERIAL_TCPIP":"","SERIAL_THROTTLE_­SEND":false,"SET_TIME_ON_WRITE":false,"S­HOW_CODE_LINK_ICON":false,"SHOW_RELOAD_I­CON":false,"SHOW_WEBCAM_ICON":0,"STORE_L­INE_NUMBERS":true,"Sound_Error":"","Soun­d_Info":"","Sound_Success":"","Sound_War­ning":"","Speak_Error":false,"Speak_Info­":false,"Speak_Success":false,"Speak_War­ning":false,"UI_MODE":"Normal","WEB_BLUE­TOOTH":true}
    Initialising SettingsConsole
    Initialising Utils
    Initialising Config
    Initialising Notifications
    Initialising Status
    Initialising App
    Initialising File
    Initialising Code
    Initialising Serial

• Initialising Serial Chrome Serial
    • Initialising Serial Chrome Socket
    • Initialising Serial Audio
    • Initialising Serial Web Bluetooth
      Initialising Terminal
      Initialising CodeWriter
      Initialising Modules
      Initialising Env
      Initialising Flasher
      Initialising EditorBlockly
      Initialising EditorJavaScript
      Initialising Send
      Initialising MenuPortSelector
      Initialising MenuSettings
      Initialising MenuFlasher
      Initialising SettingsAbout
      Initialising SettingsFlasher
      Initialising BoardJSON
      Initialising VersionChecker
      Initialising Compiler
      Initialising Assembler
      Initialising GetGitHub
      Initialising NPMModules
      Initialising ExamplePlugin
      Initialising Unicode
      Initialising SaveOnSend
      Initialising Minify
      Initialising Tutorial
      Initialising Webcam
      Initialising FontSize
      Initialising UiMode
      Initialising URLHandler
      Initialising FileReload
      Initialising CodeLink
      Initialising Project
      Initialising Testing
      Initialising Notification_Sound
      Initialising Tern
      Initialising Debugger
      Initialising Tour
      Initialising SettingsProfile
      Initialising HelpLinks
      Loaded code from storage.
      >>> Connecting...
      Set Slow Write = true
      BT> ERROR: NotFoundError: Bluetooth adapter not available.
      ERROR: [notify_error] Connection Failed.
      >>> Connection Failed.
      =========END===================

I note the comment "Bluetooth adapter not available", but it shows as "working properly" in the Device Manager.

Hi Gordon, Thanks - oops, yes, I had missed the Zadig step. However, I have done that now, but that doesn't resolve my problems. In Zadig_2.2 I tried WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) (is this the one?) Also the others. None got me connected. I still get the "Web Bluetooth" panel instead of a listing of pucks. Did I miss something else?
    I returned CSR 4.0 as I could see nothing with it. At least I could see the puck through Windows; with the current dongle - do you think it might make a difference if I tried a CSR again?

I’m having difficulty connecting a puck to my Windows 7 desktop. I have a Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth dongle plugged in and the supplied software installed. Initially I had difficulty “seeing” the puck both via Windows and the Espruino IDE. That might have been due to interference with the wireless mouse and keyboard I have on the same computer. I think I have improved this by putting the Broadcom dongle on the end of a USB extension to physically distance it from the desktop box, but it still isn’t very reliable. Unplugging and replugging the dongle seems to restart things and seems to help.
    I can pair the puck using Windows, but (unsurprisingly) there is no driver and one “Unknown Service” is reported. I “remove” the device and try with the Espruino native IDE (which is titled “ESPRUINO WEB IDE”; perhaps this should be retitled “NATIVE” or similar to differentiate it from the Chrome App one?) When I try to connect the puck through “Web Bluetooth” it often doesn’t find the puck first time. Either replugging the dongle or reinstalling the puck battery both seem to help the puck be seen, but when I try to pair in the IDE I always get the “Connection Failed” message.
    I can connect the puck, and program it, with my Windows 10 laptop and inbuilt Bluetooth. With the lap-top I see the puck listed in the “Select a Port” window and don’t have to go through “Web Bluetooth” – I think I picked up from the forum somewhere that this is significant. Last time I tried this, after experimenting with the desktop set-up, I got the “Connection Failed” message, but reinstalling the puck battery cleared the problem.
    For various reasons I really want to access the puck via my desktop. Can Gordon or anyone suggest how to resolve my various problems? Incidentally, the Broadcom dongle is the second one I have tried. The CSR 4.0 dongle I tried first seemed completely useless and I returned it to the supplier.

Actions