ytai

Member since May 2015 • Last active May 2015
  • 1 conversations
  • 2 comments

Most recent activity

• in Projects

I would love to. It isn't much more then mapping the value from degrees to duty-cycle and adding the { freq: 50 } to analogWrite(...).
    One problem with pushing this upstream is that different kinds of servos have different mappings from pulse width to angle. I could expose the raw pulse width as an argument for the block, but that would make the block less friendly / useful.
    Any suggestions on how to make this configurable without too much hassle for the block user? Perhaps a global servoConfig block that much precede and usage of servoWrite(...)? But then, is it too much to assume that a given program will only use one servo type?
    For the purpose of my son's usage, I simply hard-coded the mapping of the specific servo that I gave him, and problem solved...

• in Projects

Just posted a little article about my positive experience with the Espruino for getting my 7-year old into programming.
    I made him a few electrical Lego bricks that he can use in his projects and write code to control them using Blockly with some custom blocks.
    http://ytai-mer.blogspot.com/2015/05/ele­ctro-legos.html
    Many thanks to the developers for the good work!

Actions