Bennr

Member since Apr 2015 • Last active Oct 2022
  • 9 conversations
  • 49 comments

Most recent activity

• 4 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Hey! Screen is fine, button is working, contacts all good. The charger is with it too, I forgot to put it in a picture. I have added a video of it working. I just charged it up.

• in Bangle.js

Please remove this if this kind of thing isn't allowed

Hello all.

Times are tough at the moment so I'm trying to make some extra money! I got the Bangle 2 from the Kickstarter campaign and played with it a bit, meaning to do lots of cool stuff but unfortunately life got in the way so haven't done much. My day job means that I will almost certainly wreck the watch if I wear it day to day so it's been on my wrist a handful of times.

I have been sorting through my pile of espruino pico, puck, raspberry pi, esp etc etc and it's hard to part with any of it but needs must!

Thought I'd post it on here to see if anyone is interested in buying it before I go to eBay to try my luck. I'm looking for £45 + postage if possible.

The screen looks like it's scuffed but it's just where I had wiped it. I will post a better picture later today.

Cheers,
    Ben

• in Bangle.js

I had a similar issue. I disconnected the bangle from my iPhone (turned iPhone BT off) and then the Bangle showed up in the connection list on chrome.

• 8 comments

Ugh, guess what? Turning my router on and off seems to have fixed the issue.

What I'm trying to do is to get an URL a few times a day. If my Wifi needs to be reset along the way, will I need to tell the Pico to reset its connection too? So if I try and fail to get a response, will I need to reset the connection is what I mean.

Thanks, I had a sinking feeling it's something to do with my Wifi.

I had a look on my router and it's seeing the Espruino and assigning it an IP address.

Output is:

["AT+CIFSR\r\n"
    =undefined
    ] "+CIFSR:STAIP,\"192"
    ] ".168.1.5\"\r\n+CIFSR:STAMAC,\"18:fe:34:­9d:5"
    ] "2:14\"\r\n\r\nOK\r\n"
    null 192.168.1.5

Yes I think it's something stupid I'm doing. It connects to the WiFi but just won't get anything.

I tried substituting the URL for 172.217.169.14 which I think is the ip for google.com but got the same result.

Thanks,

Here's my code:

digitalWrite(B9,1); // enable on Pico Shim V2
    Serial2.setup(115200, { rx: A3, tx : A2 });

const http = require("http");

var wifi = require("ESP8266WiFi_0v25").connect(Seri­al2, function(err) {
      if (err) throw err;
      console.log("Connecting to WiFi");
      wifi.connect(WIFI_NAME, WIFI_PASS, function(err) {

if (err) throw err;
        console.log("Connected");

fetchData();

});
    });

function fetchData() {
      console.log('Fetching data');
      http.get("http://gomako.co.uk/hello.txt"­, function(res) {
      var contents = "";
        res.on("data", function(data) { contents += data; });
        res.on("close", function() { console.log(contents); });
      }).on("error", function(e) {
        console.log("ERROR", e);
      });
    }

Hi, I got one of the original Picos with wifi shim and have updated the firmware on the Pico to 2v01 using TI CC3000 Wi-Fi networking (I did try with the other one as well just to make sure). I checked the ESP firmware on the board and that is as follows "AT version:0.25.0.0(Jun 12 2015 20:26:28)\r\nSDK version:1.1.2\r\ncompile time:Jun 17 2015 22:11:51\r\n\r\nOK\r\n" I think it's the most stable version?

When I do a simple GET request, it times out and throws an error, which varies from code -6, not found to code -15, no response

I can access the endpoints through the browser/curl so I think that's ok. Am I missing something obvious? It's been a while since I did anything with my Pico and wifi so may have missed an update somewhere.

Actions