Developping IoT @ http://www.novaccess.ch , Switzerland

80% Hardware
15% Firmware
5%Software

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jprey
Twitter: https://twitter.com/yerpj

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Well it appears that method 1. works well.
    Puck.capSense()returns around 8000 when the probe is in the air, and between 17000 and 23000 into water.
    To conclude, Puck.capSense() works well and the problem came from probe itself

I slightly misunderstood the root cause. Given that my probe is made out of 2 pads, one for D11, the other one for GND, putting it into water doesn't increase the capacitance but instead lower the impedance. I suspect that the latter is low enough to prevent the capSense timer to reach the compare threshold, thus generating a timeout on the function nrf_utils_cap_sense().

Now I will try 2 things:

1. removing the GND pin and see if the water detection is reliable,
    2. trying to measure the DC voltage on CAPSENSE_RXpin (CAPSENSE_TX put to logic HIGH), given the water impedance could be equal to or lower than the 1Meg resistor of the capSense feature.

Hi guys,

I am using pin D11 and Puck.capSense() feature to detect water leakage. The wire on D11 has a bigger capacitance if put into water.
    When the wire is "dry" everything is fine, but when I try into water, capSense() takes a lot more time to return (about 1 second) and returns value 20000200. If I remove the wire from the water and dry it out, capSense() remains in a state that takes 1 second to return, with value 20000200.

After that if I run Puck.selfTest()it returns Capsense resistor disconnected? (pullup) a few times but after a while it seems to put the function back into a normal mode. This process is repeatable.
    Any hint?

• in Bangle.js

What services does the bangle.js advertise, and what are the UUIDs?

I think it doesn't advertise any service except the default one, NUS, which is the Nordic UART Service, used for communication between the Bangle.js and the IDE.
    If you want specific data exposed inside a specific service, you can either code it by yourself, given the great documentation on BLE services here or find an app which does it already. For the latter I don't think there will be so much things already available.
    From what I understand about Gadgetbrige, it doesn't use so many BLE services. It rather uses a Serial interface service for passing JSON encoded data packets. I am not sure about that but there is chances that the serial service used could be NUS (see gbSend() method implementation )

• in General

I just gave a try with the latest Native IDE (64 bit - 0.75.8) and the Storage features work as good as with the online IDE.

Thank you very much, it makes life even easier than with the IDE relay.

• in General

Thanks Gordon, the IDE relay works well!

• in General

Hi guys,

Usually I interract with my Espruino devices on a Windows 10 computer, and everything works like a charm with the chrome online IDE.
    For a specific project, I need to connect to a MDBT42Q module but with a laptop running Windows 7. I cannot use online IDE because of the BLE restrictions on this OS. But using the native IDE (rev 0.72.1) I cannot use the Storage features (Storage button doesn't appear).
    How can I interract with the MDBT42Q Storage through the native IDE?

Thanks for your suggestions!

• in General

Any update about being able to invoke dfu from app/ide? This could be useful when we have no physical access to the button

Actions