80% Hardware
15% Firmware
5%Software

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jprey
Twitter: https://twitter.com/yerpj

Most recent activity

• in JavaScript

Thanks for the details.
    As a first try you can use the setWatch function. When the given callback is called, the parameters lastTime and time are passed to it. by doing 1/(time-lastTime) you get the frequency value.
    The limitation could be the processing time of the callback, but you can go up to 1kHz easily as far as I remember. Then you can maybe adjust the RC constant of your 555 circuit in order to decrease the maximal output frequency.

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

OK, thanks for your feedback.
    I didn't realize that a BLE mesh relay had to be always on. I tried to look for the Bluetooth SIG roadmap of the mesh feature but it seems not to be published. I hope they will improve the mesh mechanisms in order to support routing packet in low power mode (bluetooth seems to have good capabilities in term of node synchronization , however..)
    I'll try to use advertising instead. Again, thanks for your feedback.

• in JavaScript

Are you sure that the humidity sensor outputs some values in [Hz] ? This seems very unlikely. Unless you talk about the frequency of sampling? In that case, you won't find easily any humidity sensor able to output new sample at more than a few [Hz]. Humidity is something that does not vary quickly.
    Could you explain in details what you want to do? Could you also share the documentation of your humidity sensor?

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Hi!
    This topic seems rather old now, and Bluetooth stack has somehow evolved. BLE mesh is being used more and more. It seems that the mesh is offered by Nordic within the softdevices. Is it planned to support BLE mesh within Espruino (NRF based platforms) in a near future or still no interest in going in that direction?

• in JavaScript

Correct, it is not a big problem. I didn't know JS was so permissive.
    Thanks for quick reply, @Gordon!

• in JavaScript

Hi,
    I just came over a an odd situation:
    I have a structure myData

var myData={
      'A1':{name:'..'},
      'A2':{name:'..'},
      'A 3':{name:'..'}
    };

I can call myData.A1 as well as myData.A2 but of course myData.A 3 fails because of the space.
    Is it possible that Espruino interpreter should reject attributes containing spaces in the name?

• in Tutorials

Dont' you have to escape the " on line 8?

<button onClick="Puck.write('NRF.setAdvertising(­[beacon.get(\"goo.gl/test123\")]);\n');"­>Advertise</button>

• in Tutorials

IMO this doesn't work because at the time you call require("ble_eddystone"), the Puck is already left alone without any link to reach the module source. What you could try is to upload in the Puck a script like

var beacon=require("ble_eddystone");
    save();

Then on your web page , the command should be <button onClick="Puck.write('NRF.setAdvertising(­[beacon.get("goo.gl/B3J0Oc")]);\n');">Ad­vertise</button>.
    This way, you ensure the module ble_eddystoneis already available on the Puck.

Actions