Lucie

Member since Mar 2015 • Last active Jan 2020
  • 4 conversations
  • 9 comments

Most recent activity

• 2 comments
  • in General

Hi,

While using the BMPLoader module to quickly get some data out to a display without having to port my Python graphics library across, I found it was giving me an error: w is not defined etc...

The only reference to 'w' in BMPLoader is in the line of code below

img.buffer.set(new Uint8Array(bmp, addr+istride*(img.height-(y+1)), w), ostride*y);

changing it to

img.buffer.set(new Uint8Array(bmp, addr+istride*(img.height-(y+1)), this.width), ostride*y);

fixes the problem. I just copied the module code into my program and converted it to a standard function then made the changes above but it would be handy if the module could be updated.

• in General

I got a Wiznet through the post this morning, I'll let you know how i get on with it!

Thanks for the HTML+SVG, standard HTML elements should be fine for this project but it's definitely something I'll have a play with and keep in mind for the future :)

• 8 comments
  • in General

Thanks!

I've just ordered a WizNET.

I have lots of things that having some kind of GUI would really enhance, since HTML is essentially a GUI layout system and the Espruino uses Javascript, It's a marriage made in heaven!!

thanks for the advice

Lucie

• in Interfacing

This is quite a common problem especially these days with so many modular components and boards made. It means that people with very little knowledge of electronics are able to get into developing their own cool projects just by connecting preassembled boards together and not realising that they need common ground.

• in General

I might just order another CC3000 to keep things simple!! I was hoping for a really straight forward solution if there was one. The "something nasty" method is a something i'd rather avoid method!!

• in Projects

Hi Thanks!

I didn't think it was going to work as well as it did, I was expecting to have to control the animation speed through an interval timer and just turn it on and off after some time out of no activity but the effect worked amazingly well when it was driven direct!!

• 3 comments
  • in General

A project I've got coming up will be using the Espruino and CC3000 module to provide a user interface to some hardware.

Beyond this, I'm looking at making a youtube series that is going to involve the Espruino quite frequently, to make the presentations simpler (less technically involved for the viewer too) I'd like to be able to use the Espruino to serve up web pages but I won't be needing it to be wireless.

Is there an easy way to get the Espruino to serve up web pages through a wired connection, either the micro usb or through some of the gpio? I'd like it to work in a similar way to how it works with the CC3000 but using a purely wired connection?

Thanks in advance

Lucie

Actions