Foxhoundn

Member since Jan 2015 • Last active Jan 2016
  • 2 conversations
  • 7 comments

Newbie!

Most recent activity

• in Projects

That one looked the best to be honest so I ordered it. Should be with me on Friday. We will proceed using the mirror on the other side, as it sounds as the most sophisticated way.

Thanks, back to you on Friday! :)

• in Projects

Thanks. Can you recommend anything? Or should I use the light dependent resistor with a LED or similar?

• in Projects

Hey guys, cheers for the incredibly quick comments.

1) Regarding TRCT5000. It says that the sensitive range is just 12mm, is that real world? I would need to around 5 - 7cm. It's not gonna be mounted on the goal, but in a drain behind it, so the goalie does not intefere with it. And yeah, I was thinking about splitting them in two.

2) What are PCB modules? :)

Thanks

Fox

• in Projects

Hello,

I am looking for a non-heat based motion detection for a foosball goal counter (when ball goes inside a goal). I was recommended http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=TCRT­5000. Are there any alternatives available to be ordered from UK? I wouldn't mind a sensitive switch either, but havent really found any available in the UK.

Project has been kind of stuck on this so any help is really appreciated!

Cheers

Fox

• in General

Hey all,

Wow, thanks for all the input!

This is the sensor I bought > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pyroelectric-I­R-Infrared-PIR-Motion-Sensor-Detector-Mo­dule-HC-SR501-Arduino-New-/131305435900?­pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networki­ng&hash=item1e9269f2fc

So I understand there should be no problem when connected on a 50 - 60 cm wire? All it needs to do is really send a signal when it senses the ball and then wait atleast 4 - 5 sec (just a timeout) before it can start sensing again.

Would connecting multiple 20cm male to female wires do the job, or should I look for one single wire?

Thanks so much!

Fox

• in General

Hello!

My first post and my first Espruino board, exciting times!

The project I have picked is to create a motion sensing based counter for our table football that will be posting to a PHP live app running on a TV. I have got the board and 2 motion sensors to start with. Obviously each motion sensor needs to be in each goal, which means that each of the jumper wires will need to be at least 60cm long. Is that an issue? Will I see any loses?

Also If I create an API, can I easily do a POST request with parameters included? The plan for future is to attach NFC reader so the table will know who is playing, which means I will be sending a lot of data to the PHP app (score, scorer, average time between goals etc).

Thanks!

Fox

Actions