gstrube

Member since Sep 2014 • Last active Sep 2014
  • 1 conversations
  • 2 comments

Most recent activity

• in JavaScript

Thank you!

Duktape seems to be an excellent choice, since I only would want to expose certain API's.

Warm regards
    Gunther

• in JavaScript

Hi Gordon,

First of all, thanks for implementing the Espruino engine and the possibilities it may provide for the community.

I'm considering using the Espruino engine to be embedded into a Ansi-C console application (Open Source project), running on generic Linux.

I haven't really found any documentation about how this can be done, just trying to get my head around it all by looking sporadically into the sources. So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to execute JavaScript from within the C-program, and when completed, returning to the C-program?
    2. In the C-program, I'd like to expose variables that the running Javascript can read/update. Is this available?
    3. How to implement new binding functions (calling a C-function from JavaScript).

With possible answers to these questions, Espruino would ultimately become a low-ressource embeddable JavaScript interpreter as an alternative to the big V8 and Spidermonkey engines.

Kindest regards
    Gunther

Actions