Rando

Member since Feb 2014 • Last active May 2019
  • 4 conversations
  • 15 comments

Most recent activity

• in News

I tweeted as follows ...

"Disappointed to see the Nordic nRF52832-DK not being supported going forward for new builds of Espruino. I've bought literally dozens of nRF based products because it's so easy to test the Espruino code, drop and add, to the nRF52-DK, and I would think it's a great platform going forward, esp. on the nRF52840 dongle. Get a lot of new players into coding your great products..."

R.

• in News

Hi Gordon,

Could you clarify what is meant by, nrf52832 and Thing52, "no longer supported", v2.02?

Thanks

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Waiting to get my new Pixel.js in post for UK. Also update/fix profile to have more consistent presence, than my rand userXXXXX moniker.

• in General

Hi Gordon,

Just wondering if any flavor of Espruino had been ported to the Low Power version of the STM32 micro. I have an application that has to be stingy on power. Just a direction in the most general way, that is, if it isn't done yet, is it possible?

R.

• in News

Do we know if there's been any progress on this front?

• in Porting to new Devices

Did this project get any traction, if so, what did you find out re. the STM32L0 part?

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Howdy all,

I'm wondering if any one has a handle on how much data can be pumped out of the Puck.js via the BLE UART service, in the real world, bytes/sec. I know there is a lot of over head, as long as I have a timestamp on the data, it can lag quite a bit, just needs to be error free and no dropped information.

Thanks!

Randy

• in Projects

I found this blog posting today, relevant I think

http://www.rogerclark.net/nrf51822-based­-fitness-trackers/

"However searching for “TW64 nRF51822” does find some watches marketed as a TW64 which do contain the nRF51822, which lead me to Shenzhen DO Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba. I contacted them to find out more details and found that all of their smart watch/ fitness trackers use the nRF51822

Their product numbers are P101,P102,ID100HR,ID105,ID105HR,ID107,ID­107HR,ID101HR,ID110HR,ID111HR and ID115HR

So if you are looking for an nRF51 based smart watch, your best bet is to search using one of those model numbers, and double check the details in the eBay / AliExpress / Gearbest etc listing to confirm it does mention the nRF51822

In the end I decided to buy an ID100HR and a ID107HR, via AliExpress."

These caveats, I assume, guarantee getting a fitness band with a nRF51822 ARM BLE SoC on board...

R.

Actions