user6336

Member since Jan 2014 • Last active Apr 2014
  • 0 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in Interfacing

If 40V voltage rating is OK I would give ST "Omnifet" mosfet VNP49N04 a try.
    Besides being in TO220 through-the-hole case (which makes heatsinking a lot much easier) it is pretty well protected against abuse, difficult to destroy unless you roast with continuous overvoltage or reverse high current. Even without a heatsink it would be OK for about 7 Amps. The 3.3V drive should be enough to about 10A loads above that 5V would be better. One thing to watch out for is that unlike normal fets it does require some drive current for the protection functions, so you need to allow for 0.5 mA current. I.e. if you use a gate series resistance 50 to 100 ohms might be a good value. I would not recommend using open-drain output + pull-up resistor with these.
    Available from e.g. Farnell.

• in Tutorials

Yes you are right, that was a typo which I actually had spotted but forgot to correct while posting the comment. Unfortunately I had no better luck with the correct board name i.e. STM32F3DISCOVERY . Nor with STM32F4DISCOVERY or ESPRUINO_1V3=1. I copy-pasted the boardname from the makefile just to make sure. All give the same errors.

asko@asko-desktop:~/Espruino-master$ STM32F3DISCOVERY=1 RELEASE=1 make
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "scripts/get_binary_name.py", line 40, in

print common.get_board_binary_name(board)

File "/home/asko/Espruino-master/scripts/comm­on.py", line 247, in get_board_binary_name

return board.info["binary_name"].replace("%v", get_version());

File "/home/asko/Espruino-master/scripts/comm­on.py", line 237, in get_version

return subprocess.check_output(["sed", "-ne", "s/^.*JS_VERSION.*\"\(.*\)\"/\\1/p", jsutils]).strip()

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'check_output'
    Makefile:300: *** Unable to work out binary name (PROJ_NAME). Stop.
    asko@asko-desktop:~/Espruino-master$

• in Tutorials

I have managed to to install Ubunto 10.4 LTS in the Oracle VM, and I have done the steps described in the beginning of this chain. However, when I try to build the project I get the following error message. I'm a newbie to Linux, CodeSourcery and using make so the cause may be quite simple ...

asko@asko-desktop:~/Espruino-master$ STM32FDISCOVERY=1 RELEASE=1 make
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "scripts/get_binary_name.py", line 40, in

print common.get_board_binary_name(board)

File "/home/asko/Espruino-master/scripts/comm­on.py", line 247, in get_board_binary_name

return board.info["binary_name"].replace("%v", get_version());

File "/home/asko/Espruino-master/scripts/comm­on.py", line 237, in get_version

return subprocess.check_output(["sed", "-ne", "s/^.*JS_VERSION.*\"\(.*\)\"/\\1/p", jsutils]).strip()

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'check_output'
    Makefile:300: *** Unable to work out binary name (PROJ_NAME). Stop.

Actions