Kim

Member since Jan 2014 • Last active Mar 2014
  • 11 conversations
  • 57 comments

Most recent activity

• 30 comments
  • in General

Very nice!
    Are there any plans for a website that nicely shows the results of the benchmarks next to each other? The results are all there, but plain json is a bit of an eyesore ;).

• in General

I have also been looking at the HM-10 and it does seem to be a drop-in replacement. Not tested just yet as I am still waiting on mine (and will take some time, with Chinese new year and all). One word of caution though: they come in a variety of shapes. I think the one from iMall is a good one, but I have seen plenty on e.g. ebay and aliexpress that are a good bit shorter or with all sorts of extra pins attached.

• 5 comments
  • in General

Not immediately, as at the moment I didn't think it was important to save such code. I just turned all optimisations off. So far, none of the code seems to have any issues with minifying or simple optimisations, so it must have been some very specific code, as you would find in modules. The only thing I notice is that the advanced optimisations screw up your function names, which may not be what you want. If I do find an example in my code in the coming days, I'll be sure to post it here.

• in General

I think there are still some issues with minifying the code. I have disabled all optimisations in the web IDE as there have been instances where my code (without modules) did not run when using any of the optimisations. So I would assume that splitting the minification between code and modules will only provide limited relief.

• in Interfacing

Well, I still use the code example you provided to initialise everything so I think that the waiting is indeed sufficiently dealt with. The baud rate I use has one more 0 than yours, but given that you warn about rates below 1Mhz I assume that this is what you meant.

When the screen isn't working though, I am capable of turning the backlight on and off, so I assume it must be an issue related to the initialisation of the screen.

• in Interfacing

I still have quite a lot of issues with the PCD8544 display. At times, it just works. And whenever it is working, I can do with it whatever I want. As soon as the power to the Espruino is cut though it's a gamble whether I'll get access to the display again (without changing any of the cables). The only solution seems to be to power down and power up the Espruino repeatedly until it finally starts working again. The only error I get in the latest version is INTERNAL ERROR: Timeout on SPI RX, but I also seem to get this error when the display is working properly, so I don't know if that is of much use ...

PS: sorry, for the empty post at first, something must have gone wrong.

• in General

Have fun with your Espruino :). When you hold down BTN1 and then press RST you indeed see the blue and red LED. Don't release BTN1 at this point. Only release RST. This should make the blue LED start glow while the red LED turns off. You can then release BTN1.

To exit this bootloader mode just briefly hit the RST button.

Actions