hcchen

Member since Jan 2014 • Last active Mar 2014
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

I received my Espruino board and the UK$69 kits on 2/8'14.

Most recent activity

• in JavaScript

I am sure v1.52 is fine. Try,
    setWatch('console.log(c=c+1||0)',BTN1,{r­epeat:true, edge:"falling", debounce:10});
    it works perfectly. Or,
    setWatch('console.log(c=c+1||0)',BTN1,{r­epeat:true, edge:"both", debounce:10});
    too.

• in General

v1.52 has fixed a memory leak problem according to https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/blo­b/master/ChangeLog
    The below program will run out the memory soon on Espruino v1.50 and now on v1.52 it works fine.

var bulbs=[0,0,1];
    function rotate() {
    var temp = bulbs[0];
    bulbs = bulbs.slice(1);
    bulbs.push(temp);
    digitalWrite(LED1, bulbs[0]);
    digitalWrite(LED2, bulbs[1]);
    digitalWrite(LED3, bulbs[2]);
    }
    var interval = setInterval(rotate, 50);

• in General

I tried to press and hold the BTN1 before power on (from a 5.25v battery) , after power on the red and blue LED on board will be turned on at a full light. Press Reset button then they darker to about 20% power.

Good news,

1. Connect to computer through the micro USB cable. Computer can't see it.
    2. When the red and blue LED are darker, press and hold BTN1 and then press Reset then the host computer sounds! (USB connected sound). Then the red LED turned off and the blue LED start glowing. Now the COM3 appears on the Web IDE.
    3. So I am back now at the upgrade process step 4. A little problem is the v1.52 firmware's .bin file URL is not automatically shown. Where is it? ..... Ah, it's in http://www.espruino.com/binaries/
    4. So I go on finish the upgrading process and voila! ok now.

Wow, very robust bro! Thank God.

• in General

Follow Web IDE's instructions to upgrade Espruino board v1.3 firmware from v1.50 to v1.52. During the process the status shown a failure message that I can't remember now.

Now, the board turns on the Red and Blue LED at about 20% light when power supplied and it doesn't work at all because the host computer can't see the COM3 anymore.

My Chrome was version 28 during the upgrading process. Now I noticed the Chrome version should be updated first according to the Web IDE upgrade guide. If this is the reason I am too late to know.

Actions