Most recent activity

• started
    • 13 comments
  • in JavaScript

Thanks for fixing :)

• 2 comments
  • in General

Hi

I recently had a strange issue with 1v62 - I'd got everything all setup to do some logging, and I left it running overnight. When I came back it had just stopped - USB disconnected, nothing happening.

I removed hardware and tried to cut back. I added a LED flasher interval - it still crashed after a while. When it crashed, the LED stopped.

Thoughts - I might have tripped the thermal fuse? I did have quite a lot of stuff hanging off it - but I removed quite a bit and it still crashed.

Just wondering about possible causes of a complete lock, and maybe ways to debug?

(Obviously I'll try 1V63 - but I'm also going to add a separate 3.3v regulator and tidy all the wires...)

Thanks

Martin

• in General

Wow - great set of additions - excellent work :)

• in General

Glad to hear it's looking good :) Been busy at work recently...

• in General

@Gordon, @Pat

After a big of slogging, I think I may have fixed Wiznet. (OK, a bit optimistic, but it looks more reliable now in my testing :)

I found three bugs

1. The HTTP code was using srcport and dstport both with the same value, which I think caused GETs to fail when they overlapped.

2. The DNS code wasn't releasing a socket, which caused "no free sockets" after 8 DNS queries.

3. The socket code wasn't clearing the nonblock status, which caused odd things to happen if a socket was reused.

I've submitted a pull request - hopefully Gordon can review and include these fixes in a future build - assuming I've not got anything wrong!

Martin

• in General

Pat

OK, my understanding

The timeout error happens because the WebIDE gets annoyed that Espruino is busy, and sends a ctrl-c, which breaks Espurino out of comms and causes the error. Ideally Gordon should give us a webide option to delay the ctrl-c

The Wiznet subsystem (i.e. wiznet+espruino) has at least two known problems: the -7 error and the out of sockets error. The -7 error means "socket has wrong state" - internally we're trying to do something on a socket that is closed. I don't yet know why.

Gordon has said that if you delay between GETS you don't run out of sockets, but I've not seen this - if I do repeated POSTS with a 2-minute delay I still run out after 8 POSTS.

When I have time, I'm still digging into this - I've got Espruino building and I've added logging to the code, but I've not quite got to the point where it's telling me anything useful...

Martin

• in JavaScript

Thanks for beating me to it :)

Actions