Ducky

Member since Sep 2013 • Last active May 2017
  • 18 conversations
  • 128 comments

I am a dakki

Most recent activity

• in General

@Gordon Alas, I don't. I run it from a server machine at home, I never really set-up logging, I just checked through the logs I do have but because of the way I have it setup I couldn't determine what was for the HttpToHttps service, I don't imagine it was a whole lot though.

What I imagine I'll do is continue the service, but under a subdomain of my personal domain which I plan to keep for the foreseeable future as I don't want to renew the xyz domain, as my graphics card just died. Isn't student life fun xD. The new domain will be something like "HTH.MrTimcakes.com" or "HttpToHttps.MrTimcakes.com" once I get round to moving it.

• in General

Alright, I've put the code on GitHub whether or not I decide to keep the domain.

• in General

Does anyone actually use HttpToHttps.xyz? Just that the domain expires on Jun 12, 2017, wondering if I should renew it. @MaBe Do you use it?

• in General

Just curious for this phantom nRF52 based Pico, for those who don't have any desire to use BLE would there be any tangible benefit to have a build of Espruino that doesn't include any of the BLE?

Also, why not make an Espruino board based off an ESP32 its got BT,BLE and WiFi. Wait never mind, you putting all that work into a product just to have consumers flash it onto cheap Chinese boards instead of buying the official doesn't make a lot of business sense.

• 13 comments
  • in ESP8266

Very strange to hear that the WebIDE is causing you issues, in my expericnes its very reliable. However if you wish to, you can use the Espruino NPM Module and set it to watch a file, then you can use Sublime Text to exit a local JS file and every time you save it, it will be sent to the Espruino.

You could also try to use the WebIDE as a native windows program, here's where to get it.

• in ESP8266

Perhaps this post could be useful to you, there are also instructions for the SSD1306 just below.

• in General

@CanyonCasa I could be totally wrong here, but from the way @urbiman said "bake javascript into the firmware" leads me to believe he wants to compile a binary of Epruino with some javascript embedded so when he flashes it to a chip it already has the code on it and doesn't need to then be programmed by the WebIDE. Though I could be wrong.

• in Projects

Hey, You shouldn't need to add anything to the code to make it print the message to the console, the

ws.on('message',function(msg) { print("[WS] "+JSON.stringify(msg)); });

line does that. However, perhaps you need to JSON.stringify it first.
    I just pasted the code I posted above your comment and put it on my ESP, connected and it worked perfectly from both my desktop Chrome, and my Android Chrome. Perhaps you have an out of date web-browser that doesn't support web-sockets?

• in Interfacing

Just gonna do some self-endorsement here, you could try using HttpToHttps like in this post.

Actions