jlawson

Member since Sep 2013 • Last active Jun 2017
  • 2 conversations
  • 26 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

Ordered. It will be available in Canada on the same date as the UK release.

• in Puck.js

@Gordon "wrong code received" came from the CSR software off the CD that the dongle came with. I have removed all that and it now works very well using the built in Bluetooth.

• in Puck.js

FWIW I tried a Win 10 64-bit laptop with a built in Bluetooth radio (Intel) and it didn't see the Puck. So I disabled the built in Bluetooth radio and tried a CSR 4.0 dongle. The CSR saw the Puck but would not work past that point ("wrong code received").
    I then removed the CSR drivers and re-enabled the built in Bluetooth radio and the Puck still could not be found but it now it does show up in Device Manager and the standalone web IDE just works fine.

• in General

No problems encountered.

• in News

@Gordon - the link is broken but I have rebuilt the latest pulled version here.

Works on three Espruino 1v3 with the LSE running and also with the finger stopped LSE.
    These boards all have a 32K crystal but I will try it on a bare 1v3 later.
    Thanks again.

• in News

With 1v87 it appears that holding my finger on the crystal leads actually STOPS the LSE from starting up, possibly because it does not detect the crystal.

With 1v88 it seems to detect the crystal and attempts to use the LSE even though it hasn't started up.

Checked with peek32(0x40021020), RCC_BDCR register, after reset.

• in News

@Gordon
    Yes, even with the new firmware.
    I've tried it with 7pF caps on (the closest I have at the moment) with the same result.

Espruino 1v87 (using the binary from the website) has started up fine so far after numerous unpluggings etc. It reverts to start up problems when 1v88 is flashed on again.

Also, with 1v88 loaded the web ide has trouble connecting:
    something like "Can't find STM bootloader"

Edit: An Espruino 1.3 without a crystal works fine with 1v88.

• in News

Further to this; after leaving the boards powered down for some time they again did not reset properly.

As mentioned I have 32.768kHz crystals connected to these three boards but I do not have the 12pF caps mounted since they all worked fine without them.

However, if I hold my finger over the 32.768kHz crystal leads they do reset properly and also reset properly if left powered after the initial successful boot.

So it seems they may now require the capacitors. I will update this post when I dig up some appropriate caps.

• in News

That did it.
    I initially assumed the board wasn't getting updated properly as one did work.
    Just for reference; there is a 32.768kHz crystal on the original Espruino boards I tried.

Excellent work. Thanks Gordon.

• in News

Flashed the 1v88 version onto several original Espruino 1.3 boards resulting in just the red LED on reset.
    One worked on reset but reverted to the red LED when powered down and then back up again.

I tried it with both the web IDE and command line.

1v87 works on all the boards.
    1v88 works fine on the Picos

Jamie

Actions