possmann

Member since Jul 2014 • Last active Jun 2016
  • 0 conversations
  • 41 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

So, sorry for the late answer.

I tested some issues.

I recommend you connect your WIZ550io's RDY pin to espruino's any GPIO pin and do ether.getIP() or ether.setIP() after its value turns to '1'

I check the RDY pin, but after the value was '1', nothing changed. DHCP is still not working. At the moment, i'm not able to set a static ip address at this place (university network), but i will test it at home again.

If it is, can you try connecting it to an LED instead and test it with digitalWrite(B2,1)? It's possible that your Espruino board has a bad connection.

I test the B2 pin with a LED and it works well. So the connection is definitively ok.

Well, i don't know how i get this module to getting work.

Any other suggestions? Test issues?

• in General

@all: thanks for your feedback... now, i'm back from italy and ready for further tests (fully recovered and relaxed) :-) I will give you feedback during this week. I hope the next tests are successfully.

• in General

Ok, i had not much time for a extensive test. I just set up all pins and connection from the scratch and retry the main features again.

(same network / router configuration like before)

• DHCP still fail
    • eth.setIP({ "ip": "192.168.1.2", ... }) works after 2-3 function calls (very strange)
    • first eth.getIP() call returns very strange ip settings (e.g. { "ip": "3.192.168.1", ... })
    • ping from my Mac Book to the espruino works
    • http server 'hello work' doesn't
    • http request to my Mac Book apache doesn't work

The result was the same like my first documentation. At the moment, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. After my holidays i give that another with new network and router configuration. Additionally a friend of mine will take a look at my configuration.

I'll keep you up to date

@user47955: which revision do you have?

• in General

I'm suspicious of above result. In static IP mode, its IP address should be read correctly, but you couldn't do that.

I hope we're not talking past each other. DHCP connection doesn't work. A static ip definition with eth.setIP({....}); works well. I can ping to the defined ip address. But the server application doesn't work. No response after running a page request or setup a simple http server.

Well, i give this issue another try this weekend, but I guess I can not handle an oscilloscope :-) Nevertheless, I try my best to find a way for debugging.

• in JavaScript

Hi,

i guess the api has changed a little bit. You can see the change in the following commit:

https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoDocs­/commit/e1b6dd998d6d3a6d6d5466dcdcc5d4a7­0b8ecc4f

Try: while (nrf.getDataPipe() !== undefined) {}

• in General

I've just fired off an e-mail to WIZnet and we'll see if they can think of anything.

@Gordon: do you have an update or feedback from wiznet?

• in News

Much more better! thumbs up :-)

• in Interfacing

Here a little example. I clean and reduce a little bit the code. Some var definitions are not needed.

/* Copyright (c) 2014 ToDo */
    /*
    Quick description ToDO
    */

var C = {
      ADDRESS : 0x48    // description
    };

/**
     * Description
    */
    function TMP102(_i2c) {
        this.i2c = _i2c;
    }

/**
     * Description
    */
    TMP102.prototype.getTemperature = function() {
        var d = this.i2c.readFrom(C.ADDRESS, 2);
        return (((d[0] << 8) | d[1]) >> 4)*0.0625; 
    };

/**
     * export
    */
    exports.connect = function (_i2c) {
        return new TMP102(_i2c);
    };

• in Interfacing

It is really a good idea, to return an error message string instead of an error code? I guess thois could safe some memory and performance. What do you think?

• in General

I don't know if this is a big issue for other people, but for me it's a part of user experience. On most project pages you can find in the header of the page the current version or a little eyecatcher. From this view, i guess it would be an improvment, to present the release much more prominent.

And please, this issue has a low priority! Other things are much more important...

Actions