youphyun

Member since May 2022 • Last active Jun 2022
  • 3 conversations
  • 14 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Based on my experience so far it looks like the LCD Timeout setting is the same as the screen lock timeout? Is there a way to set the LCD Timeout to a low value (for example 5 seconds) while setting the screen lock to for example 60 seconds on the Bangle.js 2 ? The use case is to save battery or to disable the LCD Backlight completely while still being able to navigate through the items on the screen without the screen being locked.

• in Bangle.js

I also found that timeout = 0 is equivalent to always on. Since the Bangle2 is transflective can a screen timeout of 2 or any lower value then 5 be added to the LCD settings? Under light conditions the screen does not need to be on at all to view the screen and in the dark a few seconds are enough to see the time.

• in Bangle.js

Yes I also vote for this suggestion. Can you also add details how to delete individual messages? Also for some message types like music tracks I am not able to delete the message. I can only open it and go back.

• in Bangle.js

I also vote for the F-Droid distribution. I am trying to build it from

git clone https://github.com/gfwilliams/Gadgetbrid­ge.git

I also created a local.properties file pointing to the Android SDK.
    But I am stuck at the CONFIGURING stage:

./gradlew assembleDebug
    > Configure project :app
    Checking the license for package NDK (Side by side) 21.4.7075529 in /home/user/Android/Sdk/licenses
    License for package NDK (Side by side) 21.4.7075529 accepted.
    Preparing "Install NDK (Side by side) 21.4.7075529 (revision: 21.4.7075529)".
    <====---------> 33% CONFIGURING [1h 20m 18s]

What could be wrong? But thanks for the Google Play Store version. I extracted it and installed it through adb instead on my phone without Google:

adb install-multiple base.apk split_config.armeabi_v7a.apk split_config.en.apk split_config.xhdpi.apk

I am also having issues with the Notification settings > Applications list. It is showing only system apps, none of my installed apps. But maybe it is better to start a new topic for these issues? This topic is getting quite big with a lot of different issues being discussed.

• in Bangle.js

I still was not able to figure out how to get the latest cutting-edge build, especially the Bangle.js specific release of Gadgetbridge. Should I install it from the Gadgetbridge Nightly repo: https://freeyourgadget.codeberg.page/fdr­oid/repo/ or download and install an apk file manually? Latest seems not to be the best approach?

• 4 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Is the Active Pedometer app only available for the Bangle.js 1? I can only find the widget for the Bangle.js 2: Pedometer widget (v0.22). Anyway I believe step counting is a core function of the watch. So it would be better to concentrate the effort on improving the Health Tracking app?

• in Bangle.js

So I am on the other side. I have a LineageOS device (Android 11) without Google play store and Google play services. I am using Gotify-UP for push notifications. And of course F-Droid for the apps. I am waiting for the official Gadgetbridge 0.67 update to get the call notifications working. Or is there another fork / special version of Gadgetbridge for the bangle.js 2?

• in Bangle.js

I have a similar error with firmware version 2v13 and Gadgetbridge 0.66. Attaching a screenshot for some more context. Notifications (besides the calls which is getting fixed in GB 0.67) are working. With regards to the activity tracking Gadgetbridge is not working so reliable, some functions seems to be unsupported. I am not sure if it is Gadgetbridge, the Android integration or the Bangle.js 2 watch itself, any user configuration or even a combination.

Actions