Max_S

Member since Apr 2022 • Last active May 2023
  • 3 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Gordon,
    Has there been a determination what is causing the button problems, and has the manufacturer found a way to stop this from happening? Perhaps an improved mounting "pocket", or a different button manufacturer? This type of thing might make people nervous about buying the watch.

• in Bangle.js

The U.S. Senate passed the bill to switch U.S. time to DST and keep it there permanent. Yes!! We won't have to change clocks anymore. Not enacted yet, buy my fingers crossed. It's bad enough with 4 time zones ... let alone the changes twice a year.

• in Bangle.js

Gordon, I can't believe the passion, time, and energy that you're putting into this project. It totally blows my mind. I think back to the Pebble, and someone like you once did the same thing, only to have it taken-over and swept under a rug. What you're doing is really important and even though Fitbit and Apple rule the world, these open (and community-oriented) projects are what propel creative ideas and inventions. It's not going unnoticed. Thanks

• in Bangle.js

Thank you. I'll dig a bit deeper.

• 3 comments
  • in Bangle.js

So my iphone can send notifications to my bangle.js 2, such as text message.

Is there any way to program a button on my bangle.js screen where I press the button and the watch sends a command to an app running on my iphone. Example I press a button on my watch screen and it sends a command to execute an HTTPbot on my iphone's HTTPbot app (or some other app)?

Are we in a situation where at this time the bangle.js can only receive data and can never send anything back to the iphone? If that is so, are there any future plans to have a bangle.js app written for IOS that will allow the bangle to trigger something on the iphone?

At the moment, I can arrive at my driveway and press an icon on my iphone and open my garage door. It only works from my iphone. It would be nice to be able to press a button on my bangle.js and it will send something to the iphone to activate the same icon (or app). Like Blynk, IFTTT, HTTPbot, etc. I could use my watch without pulling out my iphone from my pocket.

• in Bangle.js

What do the tiny hex numbers on the display (next to battery level) indicate?
    Is it something to do with BLE?

• in Bangle.js

So I don't have one yet. My U.S. supplier (Adafruit) is out of stock and probably has a ton of backorders right now. But I do want to get one. I've been visiting this forum for a few days and see there are a lot of tweaks and changes people are making (and wishing for) and apps that are improving.

My questions here pertain to things like clock, menu system, BLE connection (IOS and Android), and other improvements. When a person buys a bangle, it comes with the operating system that exists at the time is was made, but what apps does it come with? Will I have to first update the operating system and then go through and upload each app I want to use? Or will things like the menu system and clock that most people like using will be already installed? If I have to reset to factory at any time, do I have to then go through the apps and re-install all of them again?

Maybe I'm really questioning what comes with the operating system and where is the line between the operating system and apps, like "the preferred default" menu app, or "preferred clock"?

Do people that use the bangle now have a list of their existing apps written down (on paper) in case they have to do a factory reset? So they can remember which apps they had installed?

I have no issues with any of this ... the point of the bangle is to mess around and have fun with it. I just want to know how people are handling the operating system and apps management. What is best practice. I'm looking forward into getting mine.

Actions