nravanelli

Member since Apr 2022 • Last active Jan 2024
  • 2 conversations
  • 8 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

Gotcha, this makes sense. I have no reverted to the following:

\x03\x10require('Storage').list().forEac­h(x=>print(x)});\n

Which after execution, should always print > as a newline?

• in General

Thanks Gordon for the suggestions and clarification. I think the missing issue with my current implementation is the end carriage the UART in Espruino uses. If not mistaken, it’s simply >? I’ve noticed about 1/20 times it is absent in my stream of BLE characteristics so does the Espruino Web IDE implement a timeout to handle ? I’ve seen the 10 minute timeout for file transfers in the GitHub reposiTory, but haven’t deduced where in the code command terminals handled. For now, we send our own end carriage to signify the end of the message, but it is not foolproof (multiple characters that could be split if messages are chunked).

• in General

@fanoush I had been doing that method originally (storing in string/buffer), but missing packets had became an issue that I wrestled with, so I wanted to assess whether I could venture down a "new line only" option for each write/notification.

Assuming that I could control/have a greater MTU size... would sending each iteration as a new write/notification be possible?

• in General

I am trying to send a new line of data over UART BLE for each iteration of the following command that is sent to the device;

\x15\x03\x10require('Storage').list().fo­rEach(x=>Bluetooth.println(x)});\n\x10Bl­uetooth.println('END');\n

However, it gets concatenated together and sent as data in one write characteristic. I would like each iteration to be a separate (new) BLE write characteristic/notification. How could I do that so I get new data for each iteration of the loop?

• in Bangle.js

@HeatherShaw - Yep, we have developed an entire platform around the BangleJS2 and various sensors for physiology, behaviour, etc. We just finished a 24h comparison study of the activity tracking to other wearables, and we have quite a bit of the logic already coded, with its own application for uploading data to our servers/cloud infrastructure.

We have a long term study ongoing right now throughout the summer to monitor people.

Let me know if you want to chat more. :)

• in Bangle.js

@user145221 Yeah, your log.csv file is probably too big.

By 'gold standard', do you mean another PPG sensor? ECG/EKG chest straps are the ideal reference and would be your gold standard here. Another PPG sensor might have the same issues (i.e. movement artifacts).

• in Bangle.js

Well that would explain it... updating to 'cutting edge' now. I wrote a callback function to 'restart' the PPG sensor (stop(),start()) after a handful of zero/NaN HR values and to only restart when accelerometer detected motion ... no point wasting battery if the watch is sitting on the table.

• in Bangle.js

I've been playing around with the BangleJS2 and PPG heart rate monitor. I've noticed when using the Recorder App that if the PPG sensor is not reading anything, the green LEDs turn off, and will not come back on when placed on wrist.... Is there a way to continue attempting or refreshing the PPG to try and find a pulse again?

Actions