m2c_n3e

Member since Mar 2022 • Last active Aug 2022
  • 0 conversations
  • 7 comments

Meet me in the Fediverse: @m2c_n3e@stackpointer.ws

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

After I did the factory reset a few weeks ago everything worked fine for a few days, but then my watch would seemingly freeze again. Disconnecting it from the phone in Gadgetbridge reliably cured the condition.

Then I did not use the watch for a week and did not connect it to my phone either. The watch did not freeze a single time.

When I connected the watch to my phone, I experienced occasional freezes again.

Two weeks ago I changed my phone from a Fairphone 2 (nearly 7 year old hardware) to a Fairphone 4 (recent hardware) and I did not experience any freezes since then.

This led me to the conclusion that the cause of the freezes may be connected to the Bluetooth connection. I think the connection was quite unreliable with my old phone.

Is it possible that an unreliable connection causes a deadlock on the watch when the connection is lost during data transfer between Gadgetbridge and the watch?

• in Bangle.js

I had the same problem. I am not sure what triggered it. I suspected a Bluetooth disconnect during app upload, but that was just a guess.

I have performed a factory reset which solved the problem for several weeks. It occurred again today. I have not uploaded any apps today, but I have compacted storage today. This may have been a coincidence though.

I also use Gadegetbridge (latest version) and I use the apps from https://espruino.github.io/BangleApps/

I have attached the device info from https://espruino.github.io/BangleApps/?c­= (maybe we can find a pattern)

• in Bangle.js

The pull request which should hopefully finally fix this issue has just been merged. Let's hope for version 0.67.

• in Bangle.js

I received the replacement for my broken watch (Kickstarter edition) today. One thing I noticed is that the button of the new watch feels different when pressed and it is also considerably less noisy. It feels much more similar to my Amazfit Bip now.

Nevertheless, I will try to use the button less by unlocking the screen with a wrist movement and using "Swiper Clock Launch".

Also kudos to Espruino support (Christine) for the swift and professional handling of my issue!

• in Bangle.js

Same problem here with my Kickstarter Bangle 2. The button worked fine until a few minutes ago. Then suddenly out of the blue there was no longer any perceptible pressure point and the button stopped working. 😟

Actions