thejoker187

Member since Dec 2021 • Last active Jan 2023
  • 3 conversations
  • 24 comments

Most recent activity

• in Porting to new Devices

A bit late but here I am, below you'll find the board file I did and a pre compiled hex (to be used with st-link / j-link ) for flashing. Everything works really well, the only thing I haven't done yet is to decide what to do with the BTN1 device because right now it is connected to the reset pin of the nRF

Ok, after testing everyhing went fine the board is working correctly, tomorrow I'll post a more decent board file and the compiled hex. Bye for now
    Below you'll see the most satisfying blink of mine !

Yep, It build quite fine for every Espruino board, and yes I always use make clean first. I think I found the problem, basically in the board file i was using the function:

def get_pins():

contained the pin array as

pins = []

I changed it as i found in the nrf52840dk.py

pins = pinutils.generate_pins(0,47)

Now everything builds correctly but I'm not sure what I did is correct

Well I only would like to have the usb as a serial device and the standard espruino bootloader to use nrf connect on my smartphone. I tried to compile with the latest espruino repo and I got this error:

Generating platform configs
    Generating pin info
    Generating JS wrappers
    WRAPPERSOURCES = src/jswrap_array.c src/jswrap_arraybuffer.c src/jswrap_dataview.c src/jswrap_date.c src/jswrap_error.c src/jswrap_espruino.c src/jswrap_flash.c src/jswrap_functions.c src/jswrap_interactive.c src/jswrap_io.c src/jswrap_json.c src/jswrap_modules.c src/jswrap_pin.c src/jswrap_number.c src/jswrap_object.c src/jswrap_onewire.c src/jswrap_pipe.c src/jswrap_process.c src/jswrap_promise.c src/jswrap_regexp.c src/jswrap_serial.c src/jswrap_storage.c src/jswrap_spi_i2c.c src/jswrap_stream.c src/jswrap_string.c src/jswrap_waveform.c libs/compression/jswrap_heatshrink.c libs/math/jswrap_math.c libs/graphics/jswrap_graphics.c libs/network/jswrap_net.c libs/network/http/jswrap_http.c libs/network/js/jswrap_jsnetwork.c libs/bluetooth/jswrap_bluetooth.c libs/neopixel/jswrap_neopixel.c
    Generating pin info
    make: *** [Makefile:776: gen/platform_config.h] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    DEFINES = -DGIT_COMMIT=4e25e2211 -DNO_ASSERT -DRELEASE -DBUILDNUMBER="5" -DNRFMDK -DCONFIG_GPIO_AS_PINRESET -DBOARD_PCA10059 -DNRF_USB=1 -DUSB -DPIN_NAMES_DIRECT=1 -DUSE_DEBUGGER -DUSE_TAB_COMPLETE -DUSE_HEATSHRINK -DUSE_MATH -DUSE_GRAPHICS -DUSE_NET -DUSE_NETWORK_JS -DBLUETOOTH -DUSE_NEOPIXEL -DS140 -DNRF_SD_BLE_API_VERSION=6 -D__HEAP_SIZE=0 -DBLE_STACK_SUPPORT_REQD -DSWI_DISABLE0 -DSOFTDEVICE_PRESENT -DFLOAT_ABI_HARD -DNRF52_SERIES -DNRF52840_XXAA -DNRF52840 -DNRF5X -DNRF5X_SDK_15 -DUSE_APP_CONFIG -DARM -DLINK_TIME_OPTIMISATION -DEMBEDDED

Well of course I will use the swd to fresh program everyhing from start, including bootloader.
    Below you can find the board file I'm making, please take a look at it if you can.
    Thanks

Hello @fanoush, nice to read you again, I was able to find the schematic of the dongle I have. From waht I can see it is really simple just a nRF52840 chip a voltage regulator and a classic rgb led. You'll find the schematic below. no external flash is present by the way

Hi all,

I just received a couple of those nRF52840 dongles from makerdiary (as you can see below) nice boards even with a plastic shell. I would like to run Espruino on those it will be possible ? Can I build the firmware for it with actual Espruino Repo ? Thanks a lot to everyone

A quick update, as suggested by @fanoush I logged a bit more code and here is the result:
    this is the isCharging() function:

bool jswrap_uwatch_isCharging() {
    [#ifdef](http://forum.espruino.com/searc­h/?q=%23ifdef) BAT_PIN_CHARGING
      jsiConsolePrintf("*-> isCharging Debug: \n");
      jsiConsolePrintf("*-> PIN: %d\n",BAT_PIN_CHARGING);
      jsiConsolePrintf("*-> ReadPin %d\n",jshPinGetValue(BAT_PIN_CHARGING));­
      jsiConsolePrintf("*-> DBG PIN Valid %d\n",jshIsPinValid(BAT_PIN_CHARGING));
      jsiConsolePrintf("*-> DBG PIN Nrf %d\n",nrf_gpio_pin_read(BAT_PIN_CHARGING­));
      return jshPinGetValue(BAT_PIN_CHARGING);
    [#else](http://forum.espruino.com/search­/?q=%23else)

return 0;
    [#endif](http://forum.espruino.com/searc­h/?q=%23endif)
    }

and here is the output:

>Uwatch.isCharging()
    *-> isCharging Debug:
    *-> PIN: 19
    *-> ReadPin 1
    *-> DBG PIN Valid 1
    *-> DBG PIN Nrf 0
    =true
    >Uwatch.isCharging()
    *-> isCharging Debug:
    *-> PIN: 19
    *-> ReadPin 1
    *-> DBG PIN Valid 1
    *-> DBG PIN Nrf 0
    =true

so from waht I can see the nrf_gpio_pin_read() is not working basically all the analog pins were added back to the board file by the way.

Actions