akira_jp

Member since Dec 2021 • Last active Mar 2022
  • 0 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

@bzd
    Sorry to hear that. Still thank you for your challenge and sharing report.

I'd like to share my past test too, "Thingiverse - Cover xiaomi Amazfit bip" with PETG filament was almost fit( least not loose out, not move ) when I print with 101% size fix.

Because of this test I had been optimistic about existing BIP products with flexible material...
    Now I'm not, give up to search BIP's one.

Although, there is good news that @Gordon unveiled the 3d model of bangle.js2 body on GitHub.
    I change my direction to creating the original bumper from the data, with reference of above experience.

• in Bangle.js

Oh... I found they already started sales without notifying me direct.
    ( Only one link posted on their Twitter, it linked to Instagram, that linked to page from there. Are they really willing to sales? )

catalog is below:
    https://www.visavis.jp/shop/shopbrand.ht­ml?search=Bangle

Looks many version listed than I thought, also there are curved-type("FLEX" in name). Again, mine is flat :(
    I'm not subtly convinced it, and I feel these are bit expensive, but I'll buy one and post again.

By the way, I found other film maker selling very similar material under 2 USD, 4x5cm as "wet install test sample".
    https://www.pdakobo.com/review/shield/fl­exibleag-shield.htm (info of sample is shown on last of page)
    If someone can cut it by oneself, it is enough size and also can cover wider than above visavis's.

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon Yes, it from a Japanese protection film maker. I already had asked them if it is OK to disclose there name on forum in advance, there is no reply over a month.

This maker has campaign "For make protection film for every device, if you send us your device that we haven't data, we made film and send back with it as free".

I think this campaign is mostly for ad and data-collection, not all sent item begin to sell. But there is still possibility to they start sales in market, that why I didn't re-measure the sample myself and share the dimensions on here.

• in Bangle.js

I thought something like here:
    https://www.gadgetwraps.com/collections/­pebble-time-steel-skins-and-screen-prote­ctors

Some of those Skins looks completely cover the gap between glass and frame.
    If it is difficult by Bangle's wider gap than PTS, separate type skin (for display + for frame) may still effective.

I like the type of cases you suggested also.
    Unfortunately the maker I wrote above didn't share me the size data, so the cases compatibility is still unclear.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks bzd, I love GadgetWraps on my pebble's experience but I had been hesitated until it becomes clear compatibility.

Below is "low-reflection type" sample film I got in meantime.
    I lent my bangle to film maker for measurement its actual size.
    This maker selling curved film for BIP, but what I got as return is simple flat one... bit sad.

Compared with clear type (GadgetWraps's one on pebble time steel), camera's reflection was disappeared. however, it not too blur on real view.

And touch feeling is really smooth. If so as to attach importance to operability, matt type is worth a thought.

After take this photo, I found some marks on concave surface on plastic frame.

So I need not only film but also some case, or with skins.
    Please make it, GadgetWraps!

Actions