user137198

Member since Dec 2021 • Last active Jul 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 10 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I like the idea of tapping anywhere on the screen, or swiping in any direction, to bring up a simple set of buttons that would allow you to delete, go back, etc. But the messages themselves would take up the whole screen in a readable font.

I have the biggest problem while driving. If I receive a message, I need to be able to see it at a glance, without tapping anything, opening menus, etc. It should be readable straightway.

I really do love my Bangle watch, and it is getting better all the time. Thank you all for your contributions.

• in Bangle.js

I found that if I tapped in the upper left corner, I could sometimes find a menu that would let me delete this message, or delete all messages.

• in Bangle.js

I never knew you could access a menu there. I thought that icon was just decoration. My messages seem to delete themselves after I read them, without the need to manually delete them. In my opinion, freeing up more screen space, so a larger font can be used, is more valuable.

• in Bangle.js

I have an iPhone, and use the IOS integration with Messages. When I saw the word “fullscreen” I was hoping notifications would have enough screen real estate to use a larger font. But maybe it is already as good as it gets.

• in Bangle.js

My idea: if you moved the “back” button into the banner at the top of the screen (replacing the envelope icon), that would free up a lot of screen real estate. Could that allow a larger font to be used more often?

• in Bangle.js

I have tried it with both the normal notifications and the fullscreen notifications. I don’t see a difference. Is it subtle? In either case, for example, I still see the widgets at the top of the screen.

• in Bangle.js

The uninstall and reinstall of just the iOS app didn’t work. But uninstalling everything, and reinstalling, did work. Thanks for your help.

• in Bangle.js

It used to be that I could only make a Bluetooth connection between my iPhone and Bangle.js 2 by using WebBLE first. If I tried to connect via WebBLE, my iPhone would ask me if I wanted to allow the Bangle to receive notifications, etc. Everything would work fine, except that if I wanted to use WebBLE again after disconnecting, I would need to tell my iPhone to forget the Bangle in Bluetooth settings, and then start over. Not ideal, but it worked.

Today I upgraded my Bangle firmware to 12. Now I can ONLY connect via WebBLE. While I am connected via WebBLE, I can’t get IOS notifications (one connection at a time, I know). But when I disconnect WebBLE, IOS no longer stays connected, and I can’t see how to initiate a new connection with IOS, so notifications work, etc.

Any suggestions for how to pair IOS when I am not using WebBLE?

Thanks,
    Dave

• in Bangle.js

I assume the notification text could be made larger, AND that it would be possible to scroll or page-down, to see what doesn't fit onto one screen?

Actions