derikb

Member since Nov 2021 • Last active Nov 2022
  • 3 conversations
  • 8 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Maybe I can find a kid somewhere and steal one of their legos.

• in Bangle.js

Hmm... might it be the same type of plastic fantasy/sci-fi wargame miniatures are made of?

Expoxy might be something for me to try. I don't think I can find the piece it is very tiny and there are tons of places it could have flown where I broke it.

At worst I guess, I do something subpar, my watch flies off my arm while I'm outside and I lose it. In which cause I'd need to get a new one anyway.

• in Bangle.js

Probably not much that can be done about this, but just in case someone has an idea. Through some bad luck I managed to hit my Bangle2 against a hard surface just enough so a small piece of the casing broke away from the one of the little extensions where the strap connects. Just enough of the plastic came off that while I can attach the strap it disconnects with almost any pressure applied (it flew off my arm twice before I took a close look and realized something was broken). Attached a photo, where you can see the metal on the one section is where the plastic broke off.

Any ideas? or am I just out of luck with a watch that I can no longer attach to my wrist safely.

• in Bangle.js

And now I see why its good to mark apps you upload as "favorites" cause then you can hit that button to "install favorites"

• in Bangle.js

(Wrote this as I was working it out, so...)

firmware 2v12.

Trying to update Bootloader from v0.42 to v0.47 (in Chrome). The status at the bottom of the browser says it's removing the boot and then adding the new one but almost immediately the status on the browser disappears. On the bangle itself it just save "Uploading boot..." with the progress bar set very early. I let it sit for a pretty long time (like an hour) and no change.

Had basically the same issue trying to update Messages app too.

Never happened to me before, not sure... what to do. Dis/reconnecting continues to show me both apps need updating.

And it seems that the Messages up disappeared (it shows in the apps list on the watch but then says it's not there if I try to access it).

Restarted the watch and now it says "Storage is corrupt" "Erasing Storage Area"... and hangs... Looking that up I saw someone else reported a related issue that I noticed the other day where my watch seemingly out of nowhere reverted its time to the unix epoch and UTC timezone. Didn't think much of it, but I guess it was precursor/related to whatever is going on now... perhaps that corruption issue from the previous firmware version.

After like an hour or so (maybe sooner I walked away), it got to a screen that just said Bangle with the watch image (I guess this is what you get if you have no bootloader anymore?). Then I could connect again and I had no apps. It seems to be letting me re-add apps again, so maybe things are ok. Think I lots all my preferences, but that's fixable.

So no help needed, I started this before I had it resolved, and now I figure I'll post just in case anyway else ends up searching some of these phrases.

• in Bangle.js

Oh, I'm an idiot. There is a Gadgetbridge Android notification setting for Low battery under (in case anyone else searches and finds this): System Settings -> Notifications -> App Settings -> Gadgetbridge -> Low Battery.

Sometimes Android settings are just... all over the place.

• in Bangle.js

It's a notification from Gadgetbridge itself on the Android. But there are no apparent settings for it anywhere.

Actions