CliveBagley

Member since Nov 2021 • Last active Dec 2021
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Senile old git

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

HEY! Whatever you did there worked. Stupid as it sounds I thought I had covered everything and after carefully reading your post it now works. Whatever you did I'm grateful for!

It might be worth going to babysteps like this in the official documentation. Point out that it's not connectable by USB (as I had naturally assumed) and that it only seems to work on some BlueTooth hardware (certainly not the CSR dongle I have in my workstation) and that when using an android phone you absolutely should not try to pair it in any conventional sense and if you did (or tried to) then delete it all and reboot both devices before you try again.

Thanks a million for helping!

Clive

• in Bangle.js

I'm at PRECISELY the point @rkoutnik reached. I'm about ready to throw this in the bin that's already full of 'smartwatches' that fail me. It's lovely lightweight comfortable battery life, but nothing I can do will get a connection and I'm still convinced it's me doing something wrong or using incompatible android or whatever. Is there a super-simple babysteps do-this-then-that for actually getting the first connection and what to expect at each step if it's being done correctly?

• in Bangle.js

Plugged in and charging with USB cable, but windows reports driver error? I can't get the web app to connect?

Am I missing something fundamental here? How do I get a connection?

• in Bangle.js

Forgive my ancient senility, but I'll be buggered if I can connect to my super nice Bangle2 - usb keeps coming back as device not recognised.

Does it need a device driver installing to recognise the bangle when it's plugged in?

Am I stupid or missing something fundamental here?

Actions