Weagertron

Member since Nov 2021 • Last active Dec 2021
  • 2 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

That sounds excellent @Gordon. I was beginning to experiment with creating a menu system utilising the Launcher style of display to try and make more "user friendly" menus. Just need some time to mess around with it that I hope I will find soon. But either way I imagine whatever you implement will be far superior than what I end up making ha!

• in Bangle.js

That's awesome, thanks @Gordon! I'll give that code a try

• in Bangle.js

Thanks @Gordon, I could disable vibrate but won't that disable it for notifications as well? I might be misunderstanding that setting. Ideally I would like haptic feedback off but notification vibration on

• in Bangle.js

I may be missing something obvious, but is there a way to turn off the haptic vibration that occurs when navigating through the menus?

I've dug around the settings and cannot seem to find an option. Would be nice to have a toggle and even nicer if it were to respect the "Quiet Time" setting

• 7 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Thanks for the reply and clearing that up for me @Gordon. I just noticed yesterday that the FS notifications app comes with GB, should of realised that before!

I'll keep an eye out for any future updates and when the Android and Messages apps are in full use and for now I'll keep using the FS ones. Thank you!

• in Bangle.js

Thanks @HughB, I've checked that page and I have installed the Wave and s7clk clocks and neither have helped. The battery status is being reported by GadgetBridge but I cannot seem to get notifications to work without the full screen app being installed.

I weirdly did get some notifications to appear on the Messages app but they were very infrequent and the controls barely responded.

Is it a requirement on Bangle 2 to install full screen notifications app? If not, how do you have yours set up to allow for the notifications and, for example, getting the music controls to work?

• in Bangle.js

Got my Bangle JS 2 a couple of days ago and am very happy! Thank you for creating such a great and exciting product :)

There is one thing that I am struggling to understand at the moment though. I do appreciate that this area of functionality is very much in the beta stages but how do I actually configure notifications to come through onto my bangle?

I have tried a few combinations of the apps available on https://banglejs.com/apps but I am struggling.

I'm using GadgetBridge so I have that app installed on my bangle (I'm guessing this is essential). That app alone does not seem to trigger notifications to appear on the bangle so I have tried some of the other notification apps to get it to work.

The only app that I have found to make notifications appear on my bangle is the "Fullscreen Notifications" app. Without that, no notifications come through to my bangle.

I have also tried the "Android Integration" and "Messages" apps

Am I doing something wrong/silly? How have you guys got notifications to work?

Thanks.

Actions