Swordstone_

Member since Nov 2021 • Last active Nov 2021
  • 2 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

makes sense. I'll just keep it at the default ~2700 that the regular build has it at in that case. last thing I want is random undefined behavior because I tried to push the number too high.

thanks for the tip!

Hey there! Making this post separately from my other post so it's easier to find in search.

I'm working on a project that stores an array of 572-byte-long Uint8Arrays in RAM, like so:

var arrays = [];
    arrays.push(new Uint8Array(572));

These sub-arrays are then read and written on the individual byte level. They're also not supposed to be read or written to extremely often, just maybe a couple dozen times a day.

It's my understanding that this nested array is stored in RAM. However, I have a lot more free flash storage space on my Puck than I have free RAM. Is there any way to implement this same functionality (reading and writing individual bytes) while using the much larger flash storage?

Heya, I'm trying to figure out a way to determine the absolute max safe amount of RAM I can give to my custom Puck firmware build.

I've found the Puck starts behaving unpredictably around 3500 variables. I'm using the minimal build with only Bluetooth and NFC enabled, if that's relevant. Is there any way I can see what the max safe number of variables would be for this build?

Actions