blogmywiki

Member since Nov 2021 • Last active Apr 2022
  • 4 conversations
  • 25 comments

Education Content Manager for the Micro:bit Educational Foundation

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I think both issues, but yes the 2 second boot was new to me and caused me to think it was dead when it wasn't!

• in Bangle.js

Hi @Gordon - thank you for such a swift and helpful reply. I have done as you suggested - holding down button for 2 seconds, it has rebooted and is now taking a charge. I will follow your advice about toothpaste and tape. The sudden extreme discoloration of the pads surprised me, though - it's an issue I've been aware of and consciously checking the state of the pads. Maybe I just got sweaty in the warmer weather!

• in Bangle.js

Hi @Gordon - my Kickstarter bangle.js 2 also won't charge. Its contacts seem to have turned black very quickly, within the last 2 weeks of normal use. I've worn it almost every day since it was shipped. It went flat overnight and noticed the black this morning. I gently scraped the black off the outer two contacts but it still won't charge, it's totally dead. Any ideas if this is just the contacts or do I have a more serious fault?

• in Bangle.js

In case this is useful to anyone else: I had what looked like the same connection issues @TheDod had, fixes outlined above didn't help, no other devices were connecting to my watch. Rebooting the laptop does seem to have fixed the issue, though!

• 16 comments
  • in Bangle.js

It's 7.30am in London, the moon phase widget is showing a full moon and yet the moon I can see out of my window right now looks like it's ever so slightly slightly waning, it looks a bit less full than it did when I posted this thread. I guess it's a moot (moon?!) point when you change from one discrete phase image to another, but it certainly looks like it needs shifting forwards a bit.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks @myownself - good to know!
    @nicoboss feels like it could 'tip' a bit earlier - I wonder if I notice this more when it's waxing as it is now than when it's waning.

• in Bangle.js

I'm using the northern hemisphere moon phase widget (in the SE UK in case that makes a difference!) It seems a bit 'slow' to me - i.e. I'm looking out the window right now at what looks like a full moon, the phase on my Bangle JS2 widget looks like it's at least 1 phase behind. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it to do with how often it updates?

• in Bangle.js

I have the same red MEMORY_BUSY message appearing on my BangleJS2 - latest firmware and pedometer widget showing large numbers like this.

• in Bangle.js

Thank you @johan_m_o !

Actions