blogmywiki

Member since Nov 2021 • Last active Dec 2021
  • 2 conversations
  • 15 comments

Education Content Manager for the Micro:bit Educational Foundation

Most recent activity

• in Projects

Of course! I'll share the font properly when I've done the whole alphabet, but here are the numbers 0-9 and colon:

var font = atob("f3/gMB/7+AAAACA///AAAAAAQcHhsZ+LhA­AAgUhsPh38eAAADAoJCI///BAA8XhkMhn8eAAAPz­/0Mhn4eAAAgEAh8f+HgAAAb3/kMh/7eAAAeH5hML­/z8AAAAAADYbAAAAAA");
    g.setFontCustom(font, 48, 8, 9);

• in Projects

Success! I used Matt's font converter in the end, thank you for the tip.

• in Projects

Thanks Gordon!

• in Projects

I think 7x8 for the digits

• in Projects

I have - there are lots of great fonts and I've been trying some of them out, but I have a specific one that I'd like to recreate for my Bangle.js 2!

• in Projects

Hi Gordon - I've been puzzling over modifying this code to make a slightly bigger font than 4x8 and I'm rather stuck. (I have a nice bitmap font that doesn't convert well from OTF, and I want to encode the numbers from scratch using a method like this). Can you give me a clue as to what this line is doing? I understand the bitwise operators and can see the numbers in the console but I'm puzzled as to their significance.

var i = (col&3)+((col&~3)<<3);

• in Bangle.js

Hi Gordon - yes that's right I made the app on the card and fiddled with it! Good to know, thanks for the swift response, very much appreciated.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks Gordon - good to know. I have to say the display itself looks amazing in direct light / daylight, and I was wondering the same about why people use white-on-black text. I prefer 'dark mode' anyway so this is not a big issue for me.

Actions