user135095

Member since Oct 2021 • Last active Dec 2021
  • 1 conversations
  • 12 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

My solution works actually pretty well. But I had to turn the buckle 180 degrees as well ;)

• in Bangle.js

Do you mean like this?

• in Bangle.js

Every time the settings app is updated I have to redo all the settings which takes quite some time.
    Is this expected? It would be great if the current settings were saved before an update and restored afterwards.

• in The Place for Patreon Patrons

Cloudflare has its privacy issues, too. I would rather prefer a solution without a third party being involved.

• in Bangle.js

How can I see the subnumber there? For example my Bangle has firmware 2v10.240 installed and I want to know what was changed since then. How can I see that?

• in Bangle.js

But it would probably help if the top-level < Back option was labelled < Exit instead.

Good idea, that would help a bit.
    But it wouldn't solve the main problem I'm having with the menus (app launcher as well as settings): Often when I want to scroll up or down a random menu / app is opened instead. And when I want to actually tap to open a menu it scrolls instead. So often it goes like this:

1. Open the app launcher
    2. Try to scroll to the app / settings menu to open it
    3. After some scrolling a random app / menu item is opened
    4. Trying to go back - but instead of going one step back it goes back to the clock => Repeat from step 1.
    5. Alternatively tapping back goes indeed one step back but jumps to
      the top of the menu. => Continue with step 3.

This can be quite frustrating.
    But maybe this is just me being clumsy.
    And maybe I'll just end up writing my own menus. The possibility of doing this is one of the reasons I like my Bangle so much (despite its limitations) :)

• in Bangle.js

I like it. But for now I would prefer a menu without so many submenus for the following reasons:

• The menu doesn't remember the currently selected item so when going to a submenu and then back it jumps to the top of the item list. This makes it difficult to find the right submenu. For example when looking for the Quiet Mode settings I would assume it's in the system settings but it is not there. Going back jumps to the top of the list so I would have to scroll down again to find it in the Notifications submenu.

• When tapping the Back button too often it goes back to the app instead of the app launcher. From the app launcher it would be easy to open the settings again. But having to go from the app to the settings again because you accidentally hit the Back button too often can be annoying.

I wonder if these two issues can be resolved? IMO it would also improve usability quite a bit.

• in Bangle.js

You were lucky then.
    It is usually not recommended to use rice:
    https://de.ifixit.com/Wiki/Don%27t_Put_Y­our_Device_in_Rice._Here%27s_Why...

Actions