ber

Member since Sep 2021 • Last active Oct 2021
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Meanwhile I had time to disassemble the watch. There were no signs of wear or missalignment. Pressing the actual button directly did not work for BTN2 (whereas it works for BTN1 and BTN3).

The dis- and reassembly worked well with the instructions of the video.

Before disassembly after picking up the watch, I'd gotten one BTN2 click where the watch responded. I could not replicate this. Conclusion: There is a hardware problem.

@Gordon thanks for the wonderful support! As I am in for the Banglejs 2 crowdfunding, my intention is to donate the broken Banglejs 1. I'll reply to your email about how to do this.

• in Bangle.js

Can you feel a physical 'click' when you press the button in?

@Gordon
    Yes, though I mean to hear an additional soft rattle, that isn't there with the other two buttons.

I've bought the watch from https://www.berrybase.de/neu/espruino-ba­ngle.js-smartwatch?c=2478 so I guess they'll be the first contact to handle a replacement/fix. For the fun of it, I'll probably peek inside during a quiet hour.

Thanks for your support!

• in Bangle.js

BTN2.read() is always false.

E.reboot() reboots, but did not change the behaviour.

As I have removed all apps and reinstalled only a few (that should match the original ones), I only have the morphing clock installed.

So what is the conclusion: That the second button is broken on the hardware side?
    (It is a bit strange that it falls together with me using the watch the first time in several weeks.)

Any suggestions?

• in Bangle.js

To expand my question: is there a way to diagnose if BTN2 is physically working and getting the signal to the software, maybe via the development web console?

@Tx thanks for your suggestion! I've tried turning already without success and I'll try again.

• in Bangle.js

Here is a Bangle.js 1 watch where the button BTN2 does not do anything.
    It has firmware 2v09. A few things were tried already, see below.

As BTN2 does not work, so is there a way to flash the firmware without using BTN2?

Is there a different way to reset or hard reset?

Anything else I should try to get BTN2 working again?

Symptoms

• Pressing on BTN2 does not wake up the clock.
    • Does not go into the menu, when pressed short or long, or repeatetly.
    • Does not initiate reset or reset into flashing when pressing to gether with BTN1.

History

BTN2 was working so far. Flashed to 2v09 and BTN2 was also working.

Watch wasn't used much for a few weeks and wasn't switched off, so it is assumed that the battery ran completely low. It did charge fine and came up. Since then BTN2 is not working, and I think the watch could also not be resetted.

Can connect. Updated all apps. Also tried to reinstall to default apps, this got me a few errors and got stuck. Then erased all apps and installed bootloader, morphing clock, menu and so on. Holding BTN3 reloads, but not reset and no working BTN2.

Actions