jgw

Member since May 2021 • Last active Jan 2022
  • 13 conversations
  • 40 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

No, it was one of the last order. The 2 pre-production models are still going strong - been traveling to 3 trade-shows so far, without problems. Nice !

• in Bangle.js

OK. Does that mean the bracelet is 'lost' or can I send it back, get it repaired, replaced ?

• in Bangle.js

Wow, that is an odd one. You could try pinMode(BTN1,'pulldown') and see if that helps?

No... Only the simple pinMode statetment seems to help. Odd...

>setInterval(function(){print(digitalRea­d(BTN1))},1000)
    =4
    // Multiple BTN1 presses
    >pinMode(BTN1,"input_pulldown")
    =undefined
    // Multiple BTN1 presses
    >pinMode(BTN1)
    =undefined
    // 1 BTN1 press
    >
     ____                 _
    |  __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___
    |  __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
             |_| espruino.com
     2v10.89 (c) 2021 G.Williams
    > 

Remark the Espruino prompt at the bottom : after a (detected) BTN1 press, I see the Settings/About/... screen, but no responses to BTN1 anymore. Also the setInterval seems to have stopped ??

When you do pinMode do the 0 and 1 correspond to your actual button presses or are they random?

The 0/1 values follow the BTN1 presses

If you're pressing the button for >1 second then you'd expect the Loading screen to appear though as it tries to reload the default app - could that be it?

I don't think so. I've tried to 'quickly' press BTN1. This is below 1 second, I guess

Also when it's not working could you run getPinMode(BTN1) and...

>
    >getPinMode(BTN1)
    ="input_pulldown"
    > 

Strange...

I continued my search after I discovered the factory reset function. This should really put everything back to a know state, I suppose. I then installed a simple setWatch :

>
    >Bangle.factoryReset()
    Erasing Storage Area...
    Erase complete.
    Writing initial storage contents...
    Write complete.
    =undefined
    >setWatch(function(){print("Yes!")},BTN1­, {edge:"rising", debounce:50, repeat:true})
    =2
    >
    // BTN1 presses, no result
    >
    >
    >pinMode(BTN1)
    =undefined
    > 
    // BTN1 presses, no result !!!???

Next I uploaded Espruino's RAM, where I found something strange - to me at least :

//...
    setInterval(function (undefined) {return WIDGETS["bat"].draw()}, 60000); // 3
    // [native code]????
    setWatch(function () { [native code] }, D17, { repeat:true, edge:'falling', debounce : 24.99961853027 });
    setWatch(function () {print("Yes!")}, D17, { repeat:true, edge:'rising', debounce : 49.99923706054 });
    // Code saved with E.setBootCode
    //...

Is that '[native code]' part supposed to be there ?

• in Bangle.js

I have a Bangle.js 2 which no longer wakes up at a BTN1 press. I've completely cleaned the watch ('Remove all Apps' and 'Install default Apps' from https://banglejs.com/apps/) , but to no extent.

When in the Web IDE, I can indeed see that the BTN1 pin stays at zero, whether pressed or not.

>reset()
    =undefined
     ____                 _
    |  __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___
    |  __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
             |_| espruino.com
     2v10.89 (c) 2021 G.Williams
    // BTN1 released
    >digitalRead(BTN1)
    =0
    // BTN1 pressed
    >digitalRead(BTN1)
    =0
    // BTN1 pressed
    >digitalRead(BTN1)
    =0

One could assume hardware failure, but the strange thing is that after a 'pinMode(BTN1)' statement, a digitalRead does react as expected.

>setInterval(function(){print(digitalRea­d(BTN1))},1000)
    =1
    // Various BTN1 presses following
    >pinMode(BTN1)
    =undefined
    //BTN 1 detected !!!
    >
    // Here the watch suddenly shows 'loading' and returns to the normal screen with non-functional BTN1

Then after a few seconds, out of the blue, the watch shows 'loading...', the normal screen reappears and BTN1 is again disfunctional (!).
    So, I guess one of my previous experiments has 'destroyed' the normal functioning of BTN1 and I cannot restore it back to normal ?

The 'settings.json' looks normal to me

{"ble":true,"blerepl":true,"log":false,"­timeout":10,"vibrate":true,"beep":"vib",­"timezone":1,"HID":false,"clock":null,"1­2hour":false,"brightness":1,"options":{"­wakeOnBTN1":true,"wakeOnBTN2":true,"wake­OnBTN3":true,"wakeOnFaceUp":false,"wakeO­nTouch":false,"wakeOnTwist":true,"twistT­hreshold":819.2,"twistMaxY":-800,"twistT­imeout":1000}}

Anything I can try ?

• 2 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Hi,
    We keep track of serial numbers for anything we deliver to customers. Time has come to do the same for our Bangle.js 2 devices we will be shipping (soon).

I've noticed that for 3 devices that we bought with the same order, the serial numbers are very different :

// Connected to Bangle.js 8382
    >getSerial()
    ="c5a488b7-1440c5e7"

// Connected to Bangle.js 62e4
    >getSerial()
    ="5bb6f7f0-75a2ae14"

// Connected to Bangle.js 5e55
    >getSerial()
    ="5705650f-3ec9f6bf"
    >

Is there some kind of logic in these serials or are they just 'random' ?

• 4 comments
  • in Bangle.js

For 'Graphics.setFontCustom()', one can specify the font's 'firstChar' for which the documentation states :

firstChar - The first character in the font - usually 32 (space)

I am in the process of including true internationalisation for a Bangle.js 2 app and as such I am designing a custom font (with multiple font pages).

Reading the above doc, I was under the impression one could choose the 'firstChar' value freely and so I started at 0 (zero). Now it seems that character 0x0D (new line) is processed as new line, even if setFontCustom indicated the characters start at 0x00 (and 0x0D is 'just another character')...

I didn't verify if Espruino treats other 'below 0x20' characters in a special way, but it would have saved me a lot of debug time if it had been mentioned in the documentation that 'going below 0x20' is a dangerous adventure...

Just a suggestion to please modify the (excellent) documentation - thanks

Actions