valvin

Member since Mar 2021 • Last active Jan 2022
  • 3 conversations
  • 16 comments

bangle.js owner since 2021-04-03

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Edit: solved but i still have low mem on startup when it displays 'gps time' but disappear after.

Thank you, unfortunately i'm unable to upload any firmware on my bangle.
    On startup I had a low memory error before uploading. And now even old firmware can't be uploaded 😟 ( invalid object).

• in Bangle.js

Hey, it looks to have some interesting work here :)

Is there some implementation available on which I can do test? I see there was a js app in the thread should I use it or is there a firmware which already implements what does the js app?

Thank you

• in Bangle.js

oh i found the mistake. My gadgetbridge tried to connect on its side which disallow other app to connect. after I disassociated gadgetbridge it makes the "app store" works again.

• in Bangle.js

Hello,

After a complete discharged I've lost some of my apps. It was ok after this to get some new apps using Chrome. Few days later I've tried to add new apps and even if device is well detected by Chrome it can't get app list. I've tried to reboot several times but get the same behavior.
    I've also tested to upgrade my firmware and even in DFU mode I can select device but it can't send firmware and after a while it stops.

Is there a common issue and a simple workaround to make it works again?

Thank you

• in Bangle.js

having data for typing, staying at desk is easy for me :) I can generate bunch of them.

i'm upgrading to v2.09 and use another app than activepedom is enought to test the new algorithm?

• in Bangle.js

If you have submodules, developer doesn't need to fork the BangleApp repository but have only its own files in his repository. Then developer request to register its app and inform when there are changes. But ok I understand it doesn't match :)

CODEOWNERS in addition to be a pointer when opening an issue is really interesting when there are contribution on an app. It should affect the PR to the codeowner automatically. At least it works like that on Gitlab.

• in Bangle.js

just a few is enought. With HRM with small recording < 20 i get the error. But I think I'll reset my watch because many things gets easilly out of memory.

• in Bangle.js

Do you remember where you first went for information on Bangle.js? (BTN3)

I don't remember exactly to be honest. I watched the welcome app but I don't remember information it has provided. So I've reinstalled it and it provides important information I didn't get at the beginning. I was maybe too impatient to test my new toy. Maybe I think information goes too quick by default (i'm not english native) even if we can go back after using button.

Did you have OpenStreetMap as well? I'm just wondering what could cause the memory issues as it shouldn't be too memory intensive.

Yeap I had OSM at that moment but it was effective on all options with or without OSM tiles. And now I've just had similar issue with Heart Rate Recorder when I tryied to view my records. I'm starting the with 54% of RAM usage but navigating in the menu raise the memory usage and crashed when I validate the menu.

pedometer + HRM

That's great to hear about the university and the HRM.
    I'll enjoy to test these new feature when available.
    Here I've tried to tune ActivePedometer but I'm still doing many steps at my desk :)

BangleApps

Ok I see the idea. About submodules I disagree on that point:

If we used submodules then probably 25% of all the apps would constantly be broken
    I think we need to keep a more static https://banglejs.com/apps for the majority of Bangle.js users

Having submodules is mostly the same as what you actually have.If you add a submodule for gadgetbridge which targets the remote gitlab.com/gadgetbridge/bangleapp on main you add on which commit. That mean only you (or someone through a PR you merge) decide when updating the app in BangleApps. It is possible to have Apps directly in BangleApps repository and only few using submodules. That way people can make live their app in their own repository without impacting BangleApps user and using their own workflow. Main problem would be if one the remote developer rewrites history on its main branch. Submodules allow to be static as you are today.

By the way I totally understand your wish to not implement it :)

About smiley I'll try to test it on Full screen notification.

Actions