Pablo

Member since Feb 2021 • Last active Aug 2022
  • 2 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• 2 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Hi,

In Settings > Locale you can change both things. Change the timezone so it matches the one in your location. There can also change the format from 24h to 12h.

Pablo

• in Bangle.js

Hi valvin.

The watch is usable outside, even though this depends on the colours choosen in the apps. If the apps uses red over black it will be barely visible but other colours as white or green are much better.

I had the same worries before buying it but I think after a couple of months of use that for the price, the watch is really really good. It gets even better if you can code and create or customize the apps.

Pablo

• in Bangle.js

I was thinking about creating an anchor alarm app. Basically when you start the app it will get the position and let you press a button to fix the anchor position. As I think of it, you arrive to an anchorage, you drop the anchor and press the button in this app (that you have opened before, so it gets a fix). Then you can configure a radious and it watch will beep if you go out of it. Also it will have an option to plot the positions since the alarm was set in order to see how the boat has moved.

I will have to work with the PSMOO gps power mode so the battery lasts at least one night.

Anyone is developing something like this? Do not want to make twice the same thing :)

Pablo

• 6 comments
  • in Bangle.js

The interval time control only applies when using PSMOO mode

Thats what I was missing. I think now I understand how it works. Tomorrow I will test the new GPS recorder version in PSMOO mode.

Thank you very much for the help.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for the response.

The is something I still do not understand. Here is my configuration: I have the GPS recorder with a time period of 30. I have the GPS setup in SuperE power mode and an update interval of 30 seconds. If I understood well your explanation, I should get a GPS fix every 30 seconds. If GPS recorder, saves one of 30 fixes, that would mean a record every 900 seconds. But it is not working like that, it is saving fixes much faster. Does it mean these settings in GPS setup (update and search times) only work for PSMOO mode?

• in Bangle.js

Hi. I have been using GPS recorder for a few weeks and it is working great. A few days ago I started playing with GPS setup so I can improve the battery use. The problem is that it is no clear how this two applications work together. The thing is that if I set up an update interval of 60 seconds in GPS setup, do I have to adjust the same interval in GPS recorder? what happens if these intervals are different? What I am expecting is that if the interval in GPS setup is bigger than in the recorder, the recorder will get repeated locations. Is that correct?

• in Bangle.js

Hi. Here are 150 steps. I will upload more data hiking next week. Thanks!

Actions