opichals

Member since Jun 2014 • Last active Dec 2022
  • 8 conversations
  • 152 comments

Most recent activity

• 20 comments
  • in General

To me GitHub discussions sound like a good idea. I was also thinking about that having a copy of every release binary in the GitHub project Releases section would make it easier finding all the different board images built.

• in ESP8266

Hi @Gordon!

I was not following the development closely last couple of years and I just noticed this 'new' flasher in the repo https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoTool­s/blob/master/core/flasherESP8266.js . Is that for the EspruinoWifi module AT firmware upgrades in the IDE?

Can that be used to flash Espruino onto ESP8266 modules instead of the esptool? I mean having a first-class ESP* flashing support would be awesome!

Cheers!
    Standa

• in General

Here is a pull-request that builds /MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)/, the espruino --tests-all doesn't crash and this is the output:

espruino:  355 of 359 tests passed
    espruino: FAILS:
    espruino: /Users/standa/Prg/espruino/Espruino/test­s/test_new_nested2_FAIL.js
    espruino: /Users/standa/Prg/espruino/Espruino/test­s/test_262_FAIL.js
    espruino: /Users/standa/Prg/espruino/Espruino/test­s/test_object_getOwnPropertyNames_FAIL.j­s
    espruino: /Users/standa/Prg/espruino/Espruino/test­s/test_number_constructor_FAIL.js
    espruino: ----------------------------------------­----------

• in General

Hi!

I just tried on an M1 machine. After removing the TENSORFLOW from boards/LINUX.py and fixing the ifdef as mentioned above I get the following:

$ make
    ld: warning: pointer not aligned at address 0x1000ADC12 (_jswSymbolTables + 34 from gen/jswrapper.o)
    ld: warning: pointer not aligned at address 0x1000ADC09 (_jswSymbolTables + 25 from gen/jswrapper.o)
    ld: warning: pointer not aligned at address 0x1000ADC01 (_jswSymbolTables + 17 from gen/jswrapper.o)
    ld: unaligned pointer(s) for architecture arm64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I guess I'd need to 'add few bytes somewhere' to get the pointers aligned... ?

Cheers!

• in Projects

For a proportional joystick I used code derived from this https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/iot­_lover/arduino-web-based-joystick-02ca54­

But your WebJoystick prototype looks cool so perhaps treat ^^^ just as an inspiration.

• in General

To add an example of providing board independent abstractions for app logic (not just sensors but also actuators):

At one point I created LED.turnOn() and LED.turnOff() methods which depending on the board write 1 or 0 to the LEDx Pin depending on the wiring.

• in General

I wouldn't worry about the separate APIs for parts that provide both. And even that could I guess be done by providing the 'raw' data and allow external use of the raw -> units 'parsing' functionality somehow.

Actions