• 12 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for explanation.
    It solved my doubt.

Massimiliano

• in Bangle.js

Hi @Gordon,

you are giving me a one of the most beautiful info of this new week.
    Updated version to 0.10 now.
    I haven't seen new version, sorry.

Next sunday I'll enjoy my Bangle again.

Thanks to all for all.

Massimiliano

• in Bangle.js

Hi @Robin,

first of all thanks for your reply.

I think there is a misunderstanding, maybe I've messed up my explanation.

I've experienced the following using IDE:

1. get code of MorphingClock from my Bangle storage using specific icon (4 disks);
    2. modified code and tried it with success using RAM upload function;
    3. overwrite existing mclock.app.js code into Bangle storage using specific icon (chip icon with drop down menu);

After each cycle of changes made as exposed in the pointed list above, looking at 'About' app I've seen my free disk space reduced.

For each cycle, space consumption increased of the amount of bytes occupied by code uploaded; like it was written n times in place of one time in the same position.

Yesterday I've discovered 'require('Storage').compact()' function and I've tried it with success.
    Now space consumption value is as expected.

No new files were created during changes or coding, neither inside the code nor through upload function. I've made changes and then saved them on the same file (mclock.app.js) n times, nothing more.

After this I think this behaviour is normal, but my question is what about to happen if space consumption reading would reach the maximum.

Thanks for patience.

Massimiliano

• in Bangle.js

Maybe I've found the solution:

require("Storage").compact();

Is it correct?

• in Bangle.js

Hi all,

I've seen that each time I write code onto Storage using IDE free space read by "About" app is reduced.
    This happens even if I simply overwrite same piece of code one or more times.
    Is it real?
    What I can do to avoid it?

Sorry but I'm confused.

• in Bangle.js

Hi all,

I've succeeded to load Espruino IDE locally on Firefox and I'm very very happy.
    I'm playing with it every day with some little personal success.

Is loading code from BangleApps Loader better than do the same through Espruino IDE?

Loading into IDE text area my app code already deployed on Bangle storage is easy and "Copy to clipboard" button is shown in the interface.
    When I try to load into IDE text area app code loaded onto Bangle directly from BangleApps Loader the same button is not shown, but I can see only hex coded string.

Code loaded from BangleApps Loader seems compressed and minified, so I think it could be more efficient looking at space consumption.

I've tried to start BangleApps Loader locally in the same way I've done with IDE, but no luck, cause the notification "This Web Browser doesn't support Web Bluetooth. Please click Ok to see instructions for enabling it." always appear.

Is it possible to start BangleApps Loader into Firefox in the same way of IDE?

Thanks all, for great work.

Massimiliano

• in Bangle.js

Hi @Gordon, simply I wasn't able to find code before 0.0.5 version commit.
    I'm not so expert sorry.

I'll look more deeply for change that has broken distance logging.

• in Bangle.js

Hi all,

I made the first upload of BangleRun app with versione 0.0.4.
    It was displaying all counters and was updating as expected.

I've searched for differences between latest version and 0.0.4, but no luck due to history stopped at 0.0.5.

Looking at line 48 into:

https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/bĀ­lob/master/apps/banglerun/src/gps.ts

if (!isFinite(dt)) dt=0;

I can't find that function in code and its not imported.

Could be it the cause of strange behaviour?

Please apologize me if I'm saying something stupid.

Thanks for all of your great work.

Massimiliano

Actions