TomCooper

Member since Jan 2021 • Last active Jan 2021
  • 1 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in Projects

Ideally - it would be great if the button could communicate independently (so it could connect up to any bluetooth bridge and just use its internet connection). But if this isn't possible with the tech (Puck or standard Bluetooth functionality) then I'll build something generic into the app like you mention.

Thanks

• in Projects

Thanks @allObjects for your response.

Yes, once a signal has reached the app, it can communicate with the internet (just like any other app does).

I’m trying to work out if the puck needs to communicate with an app as a gateway or whether once it is connected to an internet capable Bluetooth device (such as a mobile phone with 3G or greater), it can send an API POST directly, without needing the app to interpret and forward the signal?

• in Projects

Hi,

I'm new to Bluetooth (and awaiting delivery of my puck). A quick explanation on what I'm trying to do and request for some guidance...

So - I'd like to code my puck so that it pairs with my mobile phone.

Q1 - from what I can see this functionality is embedded in the device from the off?

I then want to set some parameters (which I'll use later) - ideally from a Flutter app.

Q2 - is this possible, or can you only code the device from the Esprino web IDE?

I'll want the code that I've flashed to the device initially and the subsequent parameters which I have set from an app to send through the parameters as part of a REST API POST.

Q3 - Is this possible directly from the button - using the bluetooth connection as a conduit to connect to the internet, or would the bluetooth button need to forward the code to an app which would subsequently make the API POST?

Looking forward to get started once my button arrives!

Actions