user121987

Member since Dec 2020 • Last active Jun 2023
  • 2 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• 4 comments
  • in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Basically from the features that 5 can provide(range, power) and obsolescence perspective am trying to understand the update of the BLE 4.2 to 5. In my use case, the Beacon receivers are becoming BLE 5 compatible while am using the PuckJS as beacons.

Thanks.

hi Gordon, any chance do we get BLE 5 updated firmware on PuckJS ?

Thanks.

• 3 comments

hi @Gordon, thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it. We use V2, will look into options and explore on stable signals that can help our issues if any.
    Thanks.

Hi,

I am trying to use PuckJS as BLE beacon(just advertise a mfg data at 750msec interval) for an indoor tracking POC. I am having another set of BLE modules as receivers that look for the RSSI from the PuckJS based on beacon advertising and transmit to a calculation server. What I observed is that the RSSI values of PuckJS change significantly though the PuckJS is stationary but there is slight change in orientation. @1meter distance, the RSSI values change from -74db to -84 to -89 or more with puckjs rotated from 0degree to 30degree and then 90degrees etc.

Is there way we can avoid this fading behavior or boost the signal strength that can help on the output performance? Any code change or a hardware extension is suggested? If so, How do I do this?

Thanks.

Actions