bobjensen

Member since Nov 2020 • Last active Sep 2021
  • 3 conversations
  • 6 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I was wrong. The messages was "BANK0 INVALID". When I realized my error, I found the solution. Excuse my haste in posting.

• in Bangle.js

I used the wrong tool to update the firmware and now cannot connect or reboot. The screen only shows "BOARD INVALID" and "BTN1 = REBOOT".

Is there a way out of this state?

I have tried holding buttons 1 and 2 down until the buzz and holding them down until the equal signs begin to run across the screen.

• in Bangle.js

This is not a big problem. I'm just curious.

Does loading an app turn off power to UBlox receiver? Several things make me think that the receiver is going through a short (<10 seconds) reacquisition after an app is loaded, even if the receiver was powered by the previous app.

Again, just curious.

• in Bangle.js

OK. When I uploaded the edited widget, I got an error message that "WIDGETS" is not defined. I should have ignored this message, but I then edited the file to add the widgets statement at the top. My mistake. All works now. Thanks.

• in Bangle.js

I should try again. Thanks for the change! I see the change in v0.13 on github, but I still see and get v0.12 without the change on the app loader site. I forced a page reload.

• in Bangle.js

I like the GPS recorder app, but I wish that it logged at least one more digit of the latitude and longitude. I can see in the widget code where the toFixed(5) call is made to truncate the position. I thought that I could just change that call and upload a new version of the widget. That worked for this app, but caused the battery widget to fail. I reloaded the GPS recorder and everything works like it originally did, but I'm stuck on how to make the change that I want. I'm new to the Espruino family.

Or should I simply be suggesting a change to the developer and not mess with their work at all?

Actions