Sebastian

Member since Nov 2020 • Last active Nov 2020
  • 2 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Cool, thanks!

• in Bangle.js

So, while waiting for my Bangle to arrive, I am wondering how it actually keeps track of the time.

I don't see an RTC in the specs. Does the micro have sufficiently precise oscillators to keep an accurate time without too much drift? Or does it actually need to get a GPS fix every couple of hours to get its time from space? Or is using a smartwatch to show the time just too crazy an idea? :D

• in Bangle.js

OK, I see. I would really prefer to avoid installing Chrome on my PC, but I guess the stand-alone Web IDE is another option.

I just ordered a Bangle, so I will see how all that goes. Looks like there should be one way or another to do everything I need.

• in Bangle.js

Aha, that's good news then. I guess the command line version should work too then.

Thanks for the info!

• in Bangle.js

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I suspected what Gordon called "JS firmware" is what I would call the apps. I understand that it wouldn't be a problem to flash those from different platforms. I use Linux by the way.

I'm not sure where you found where it says it only works with USB devices though.

In the Web IDE when you go to Settings -> Flasher, it says it only works with boards with the Espruino USB bootloader.

In the command line version, I assumed it is the -f argument I need to use to upload a firmware, and this one explicitly says as well that it has to be a USB Espruino and Bluetooth is not supported.

All that taken together makes me think that it does not work with a Bangle. So are you saying you actually did update the Espruino firmware that way, although it says it doesn't work? Did you use the Flasher tool in the Web IDE for that?

• in Bangle.js

So which is the one I find here ? I wasn't aware there are two different types of firmware. But I assume at one point I will want to update the firmware for whatever reason.

The firmware flashing part on the Web IDE clearly says it does only work with USB devices, so does the command line version here. So to me that sounds like a no-go, at least I wouldn't take the off-chance that it works although it says it doesn't.

• in Bangle.js

Hello,

quick question: Is there any other way to update the Bangle firmware than through an Android or Apple smartphone?

Thanks!

Actions