Sebastian

Member since Nov 2020 • Last active Jan 2022
  • 10 conversations
  • 48 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I see...I didn't get that, thought you were updating the Messages app. I tried with another clock in the meantime as well and it worked fine, so I figured it must have been an issue with the clock app.

Thanks Gordon.

• in Bangle.js

So, I updated to the latest version of iOS integration (v0.08) and Messages (v0.18), but still the message doesn't open when a new notification comes in. It just wakes up the screen, shows the widget icon, buzzes, it even clears the notification when it is cleared on the phone...but the app doesn't show up.

• in Bangle.js

Yes, I'm on a clock when the notification comes in, Morph Clock+ which is also the default clock in system settings. The notification icon comes on as well in the widget area, but the app doesn't open.

Although, right now it doesn't seem to work at all anymore...

• in Bangle.js

Well, I recompressed the background image to an "Optimal 2 bit" palette and removed the icons rendering, and it seems to run. Obviously the visual is not optimal and it has to be resized to the larger screen of the Bangle 1, but functionally at least there's nothing stopping it.

If you manage to draw the background as shapes instead of a pixel image, then it would totally work I think.

• in Bangle.js

Yes, I suspected something like that.

Well, I tried it quickly on my Bangle 1, and after drawing the background it shows a "Low Memory" error and the rest of the interface is missing. I guess you'd have to reduce the size of all the icons and fonts to make it run on the Bangle 1.

• in Bangle.js

So, just found out about the Messages app and it's great. I can successfully pair my Bangle.js 1 with my iPhone and receive notifications. But it seems the app is supposed to pull up the new message on reception and switch back to the clock after some time of inactivity? On my Bangle the messages app never opens, I have to navigate to it through the app launcher. Everything is on the latest version. Is that normal?

• in Bangle.js

Which Bangle version, 1 or 2? I think it's not supposed to not repeat the buzzing - at least the settings don't seem to allow it.

• in Bangle.js

Nice indeed. Is there a reason why it's only available for the Bangle 2?

• in Bangle.js

Ah yes, I remember seeing that page. I will have a look at it.

Actions